U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-28-2012, 04:41 PM

4 posts, read 3,787 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good realtor for McFarland? Looking for a very professional realtor who will be thorough, who knows McFarland very well, who will tell us all the things that we would not think to ask, and help us get a good deal. Not going to ask around at work because it could get weird if we don't use the recommended realtor. We once used a friend's recommendation for a realtor to sell our house and she referred a friend of her family and that ended up being a huge mistake. We decided to never again ask friends or co-workers. Thanks for any suggestions.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 07:54 AM

3,269 posts, read 4,279,787 times
I'd suggest that any good realtor will know the entire area and not just one small community. They should be able to give you sound advice and help with any sale or purchase no matter what part of Dane county you are looking at. That being said, you should be able to get some good recommendations on this site.
When we sold our home 3 yrs ago to move south, we worked with Randy Alsmo. Things worked out well for us, our home sold immediately at a price that we were comfortable with. My wife was in the title biz in Madison for years and Randy was one that was suggested to her thru her work contacts.

Again keep an open mind and dont nail yourself down to one person who's "specialty" is a small 'burb or neighborhood; knowing the entire market's strengths and weaknesses would be a desired trait in my opinion.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:57 PM

4 posts, read 3,787 times
Thanks Ranger. Hope you're enjoying South Carolina. My job takes me to Columbia several times a year. It's a nice town.

People are not jumping to recommend realtors. I've never had better than mixed feelings about any realtor, so I understand that.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:18 PM

3,269 posts, read 4,279,787 times
yeah we love it down here. Been 3 yrs so far, and couldnt be happier. We do miss our family back in WI (Deforest & Montello areas), but this change was for us.
Kind of surprised no other recommendations for you yet, heck the realtor we worked with down here we first met thru the CD forums and though it's been 2 yrs since we built our home here we still talk to him and in fact met for lunch today. oh, the drive to lunch was with top down enjoying sunny/upper 70's.... yes we do enjoy SC lol.

So there are plenty of good realtors out there, maybe it's also a bit of luck to get the "right one". But we've also met others we wouldnt buy a loaf of bread from let alone a home..... no different then some car salesmen, etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison