U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2008, 08:39 PM

47 posts, read 145,279 times

Advertisements

Curious to know - for those of you who do grocery shopping on a fairly frequent basis (once a week with fill in trips for the inevitable forgotten item), and if you were living in Maple Bluff, which grocery store would you go to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 10:46 AM

1,734 posts, read 4,609,838 times
Isn't there a Northside Coop now or is it still in the works? Otherwise a lot of people I know who live in that area go to Copps. It has zippo selection and their baked goods suck. Their produce is pretty good though. Woodmans isn't that much further and has better selection, but their produce isn't any good. I'd go to a combination of the two. Your choices are pretty limited. I guess Willy Street Coop might not be that much further than Woodman's depending on what part of MB you live in.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:38 PM

129 posts, read 493,153 times
Yeah, I would probably drive over to the Willy St. Co-op. Otherwise I"m not super familiar with grocery stores in the area, but I always recommend the co-op if you're within reasonable distance and don't mind spending a little more for a lot better food.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:49 AM

2 posts, read 5,834 times
Default Grocery Shopping from Maple Bluff

We used to live in Maple Bluff and went to Copps. Sometimes Brennans. Now Pierce's is open, and they're ok in a pinch. I found Woodmans to be extremely busy when I needed to go (weeknds or after work) and they don't take credit cards.

Too bad we don't have a Metcalfe's (used to be Sentry) like the one at Hilldale.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:46 PM

2 posts, read 5,130 times
You have many options...Copps, willy st co-op, Pierces, Woodmans, and Cub foods by Wal-Mart. Hwy 30 is a vein that connects you with all of the East side and also gets you to the Interstate in 5 min, from Maple Bluff with only 2 traffic lights one at Packer Ave and one by shopko and Copps. In summary I would go to Woodman's you get the same thing as everywhere else for so much cheaper and they have all the organics and everything that people would look for. Maple Bluff is close to everything you just have to know how to drive.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,183 times
Jenifer Street Market is just a hop, skip & a jump from MB. They have a fantastic butcher counter and great produce. It is small but the people are friendly and the neighborhood is lovely, safe, ... peace.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:08 AM

1,734 posts, read 4,609,838 times
This is an ancient thread, but since it came up again I will add that Copps on Shopko Dr has much better selection now. Way better produce that Woodman's too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or