Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2008, 11:57 PM

16 posts, read 56,689 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My family and I are most likely moving to Madison from San Diego this summer and would like to live in Middleton/Verona/Fitchburg area. This is not a job related move and we have no commute issues. My brother lives in Fitchburg and his sons go to Verona High School. My daughter will be starting high school next fall and would love to go to the same school as her cousin, but we are not finding too many houses we like in the Verona area. Only parts of Fitchburg go to the Verona schools also. An honest opinion--Is there a great difference in Verona versus Middleton High School.? My daughter is coming from a very highly ranked private school ( I think California public schools are lacking) and I want her to be in the best school I can find. My son is ready to start middle school so any input on those would be helpful too. We are looking to spend 600K to 850K on a house in a neighborhood that is not cookie cutter, where kids play together, ride bikes etc.. Any input would be appreciated!!! Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 10:59 AM

129 posts, read 554,675 times
I would go for Middleton. Both areas are growing, but Middleton seems to have more newer developments with more interesting architecture and a wider variety of neighborhoods.

I went to Madison Memorial growing up and had friends at both Middleton and Verona. Middleton just seemed nicer, and I know they did a bunch of new construction at the high school just a few years ago.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:36 AM

279 posts, read 756,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123writer View Post
Hi,
We are looking to spend 600K to 850K on a house in a neighborhood that is not cookie cutter, where kids play together, ride bikes etc.. Any input would be appreciated!!! Thanks

that sounds like middleton. verona schools used to be massively overcrowded. the population exploded and yet the taxpayers refused to pony up and do anything about the problem. i certainly hope by now that has been addressed, that was around 10 years ago when they couldn't get anything through.

middleton is where more of the well off folks are going to be, a good safe place to live and i don't think there is a large snobbish factor there either.

typically suburbs of a liberal city like madison are going to be somewhat right wing, especially if the people that live there have money. middleton surprisingly isn't that way. even if it was, being lumped in with the rest of dane county, who would know the difference. they'd be virtually powerless.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 6,955 times
I'm a Middleton High School graduate, so I'm a bit biased, but I really enjoyed growing up in Middleton. I think Verona is an ok place as well but I know first hand that the schools in Middleton are excellent. They very recently expanded and modernized the high school and a few other schools in the district so they are even nicer than when I attended. There are a lot of other opportunities in the area as well including sports facilities, great library, etc.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:23 AM

73 posts, read 355,661 times
There's always this:

Best Places to Live: Top 100 - Middleton, Wis. (1) - Money Magazine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison