U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2016, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Sugarmill Woods , FL
6,235 posts, read 5,386,899 times
Reputation: 13586

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkl07 View Post
Get together with some neighbors and pay this person a visit! There are ways of forcing the bad apples out.
I hope you are not serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2016, 07:50 AM
 
361 posts, read 244,415 times
Reputation: 487
Damn right i'm serious
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 07:51 AM
 
361 posts, read 244,415 times
Reputation: 487
I wouldn't put up with that crap and neither should anybody else. House where I use to live the neighborhood came together and forced the guy out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 10:03 AM
 
16,724 posts, read 13,670,338 times
Reputation: 40996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post

Okay, then why hasn't or isn't anything being done when it could easily be taken care of if they sat out here for 1/2 a day to a full day? What exactly am I missing here?
Why should they care about some dime-bag operation when they have much bigger fish to fry?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 10:34 AM
 
Location: South Florida
4,524 posts, read 4,855,661 times
Reputation: 4498
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Why should they care about some dime-bag operation when they have much bigger fish to fry?
Excellent point.. they'll investigate/watch/follow the dime bag guy to find out what bigger fish he's getting his supply from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 07:57 PM
 
Location: In the land beyond Ohare!
445 posts, read 228,111 times
Reputation: 758
What town are you in? Madisons way and your town may be different. Who are you talking to at the PD? If you are not getting satisfaction talk to the Chief. If no satisfaction after escalate it to the Village manager/ Mayor. It's no different than shopping at Walmart! You are the customer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 10:17 PM
 
2,903 posts, read 8,586,156 times
Reputation: 2497
OP got an array of advice and is just being obtuse and abrasive in all his replies. He wants action but doesn't get it. Why not move to a jurisdiction where this type of crime won't be at one's doorstep? There are plenty of smaller and safer jurisdictions around Madison if this situation is untenable. But if this is so isolated, just suck it up and deal with it and stop whining. it's like he can't make up his mind.

Likewise, LL doesn't screen tennants. Neighbors are drug dealers. But it's too much of a hassle to move? This is a rental afterall...I guess it's enough just to vent and complain.

The writing is on the wall. Just based on the OP's attitude in his replies, it's no wonder the PD isn't following up with him. All the answers to this dilema are here in the different replies, but the real problem is some people are into drama and just plain stubborn.

Last edited by Chelito23; 12-05-2016 at 10:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 11:41 PM
 
3,463 posts, read 2,292,841 times
Reputation: 3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
OP got an array of advice and is just being obtuse and abrasive in all his replies. He wants action but doesn't get it. Why not move to a jurisdiction where this type of crime won't be at one's doorstep? There are plenty of smaller and safer jurisdictions around Madison if this situation is untenable. But if this is so isolated, just suck it up and deal with it and stop whining. it's like he can't make up his mind.

Likewise, LL doesn't screen tennants. Neighbors are drug dealers. But it's too much of a hassle to move? This is a rental afterall...I guess it's enough just to vent and complain.

The writing is on the wall. Just based on the OP's attitude in his replies, it's no wonder the PD isn't following up with him. All the answers to this dilema are here in the different replies, but the real problem is some people are into drama and just plain stubborn.
First of all, don't assume that a poster is a 'he'. Secondly, that is some analogy you have there and rather crass as well. So, you expect a person to just suck it up if it is an isolated case of illegal drug activity and just deal with it? Like just ignore it? Wow! And where is it that I can't make up my mind? I clearly said I wasn't moving and asked a clear and concise question. Perhaps you need to reread the OP.

Like I said, I am sure that the PD would surely advise EVERYONE to move from a neighborhood when only ONE apartment is the problem. I don't think so. Again, it is ludicrous to expect people to move every time a problem occurs in their neighborhood. How about getting rid of the problem instead? Isn't that what concerned citizens are suppose to do instead of run for the hills or turn a cheek every time something goes wrong?

I asked a simple question and I also stated 'without having to move'. I don't have an attitude but it appears you clearly do.

Since I have posted, I have spoken with other tenants/property owners that I know well in the neighborhood plus I have an email out to our neighborhood alderman. The people in the neighborhood told me that they have been noticing the same thing going on over at my building and are equally concerned. They also told me that they have already sent an anonymous letter to the problem apartment about all of the traffic and illegal activity and to let them know they are aware, that they are watching and that they have also called the PD about it. So we will now see what happens with that along with the contacts to the PD, DE and alderman and go from there.

Thank you to those of you who stuck to the topic/question at hand and offered 'mature' and 'rational' advice. It is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 11:57 PM
 
3,463 posts, read 2,292,841 times
Reputation: 3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBNCHI View Post
What town are you in? Madisons way and your town may be different. Who are you talking to at the PD? If you are not getting satisfaction talk to the Chief. If no satisfaction after escalate it to the Village manager/ Mayor. It's no different than shopping at Walmart! You are the customer.
Not sure what you mean by 'what town are you in?' because I did state that I was in Madison in my OP. But I am on the west side of Madison if that might be what you were getting at. And sorry, I don't know what your 2nd sentence means. And I have spoken to various police officers the past 3 months but I have not yet gone to anyone above them and wasn't sure if that would help or do any good. That is why I asked.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try all of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2016, 12:08 AM
 
3,463 posts, read 2,292,841 times
Reputation: 3952
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkl07 View Post
I wouldn't put up with that crap and neither should anybody else. House where I use to live the neighborhood came together and forced the guy out.
We have actually been successful in the past with the neighborhood coming together with the help of PD and were able to get the cancers out of the neighborhood. It is always just one bad apple that moves into one of the apt buildings in the neighborhood that spoils it for everyone else in the whole neighborhood. It has only happened maybe 2 -3 times in the past 16 or so years but it did work each of those times. This time it is not working so well with the PD hence the reason I posted about it and asked for suggestions other than moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top