U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 11:41 AM

4,524 posts, read 4,853,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
I don't have an attitude but it appears you clearly do.

Thank you to those of you who stuck to the topic/question at hand and offered 'mature' and 'rational' advice. It is greatly appreciated.
You come across with an attitude where you only want advice that you want to hear.

Regardless, the situation isn't going to get resolved quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 08:35 PM

2,903 posts, read 8,584,713 times
Quote:
First of all, don't assume that a poster is a 'he'. Secondly, that is some analogy you have there and rather crass as well. So, you expect a person to just suck it up if it is an isolated case of illegal drug activity and just deal with it? Like just ignore it? Wow! And where is it that I can't make up my mind? I clearly said I wasn't moving and asked a clear and concise question. Perhaps you need to reread the OP.

Like I said, I am sure that the PD would surely advise EVERYONE to move from a neighborhood when only ONE apartment is the problem. I don't think so. Again, it is ludicrous to expect people to move every time a problem occurs in their neighborhood. How about getting rid of the problem instead? Isn't that what concerned citizens are suppose to do instead of run for the hills or turn a cheek every time something goes wrong?

I asked a simple question and I also stated 'without having to move'. I don't have an attitude but it appears you clearly do.

Since I have posted, I have spoken with other tenants/property owners that I know well in the neighborhood plus I have an email out to our neighborhood alderman. The people in the neighborhood told me that they have been noticing the same thing going on over at my building and are equally concerned. They also told me that they have already sent an anonymous letter to the problem apartment about all of the traffic and illegal activity and to let them know they are aware, that they are watching and that they have also called the PD about it. So we will now see what happens with that along with the contacts to the PD, DE and alderman and go from there.

Thank you to those of you who stuck to the topic/question at hand and offered 'mature' and 'rational' advice. It is greatly appreciated.
Just chill out...seriously, look how worked up you get when people are kind enough to give you advice. That's your problem if you don't like it. Sorry where I assumed you were a man, if you are so uptight about people incorrectly guessing your gender, make it obvious in your screen name and don't make your profile private.

And regarding your reply, let's just say the only thing you left out was the classic "I know you are, but what am I?!" at the end. It sounds like you have the neighbors you deserve. They are probably not too thrilled living next to you either is my guess.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:59 PM

1,257 posts, read 635,697 times
Quote:
First of all, don't assume that a poster is a 'he'. Secondly, that is some analogy you have there and rather crass as well. So, you expect a person to just suck it up if it is an isolated case of illegal drug activity and just deal with it? Like just ignore it? Wow! And where is it that I can't make up my mind? I clearly said I wasn't moving and asked a clear and concise question. Perhaps you need to reread the OP.

Like I said, I am sure that the PD would surely advise EVERYONE to move from a neighborhood when only ONE apartment is the problem. I don't think so. Again, it is ludicrous to expect people to move every time a problem occurs in their neighborhood. How about getting rid of the problem instead? Isn't that what concerned citizens are suppose to do instead of run for the hills or turn a cheek every time something goes wrong?

I asked a simple question and I also stated 'without having to move'. I don't have an attitude but it appears you clearly do.

Since I have posted, I have spoken with other tenants/property owners that I know well in the neighborhood plus I have an email out to our neighborhood alderman. The people in the neighborhood told me that they have been noticing the same thing going on over at my building and are equally concerned. They also told me that they have already sent an anonymous letter to the problem apartment about all of the traffic and illegal activity and to let them know they are aware, that they are watching and that they have also called the PD about it. So we will now see what happens with that along with the contacts to the PD, DE and alderman and go from there.

It really does sound like you are doing all of the right things. Have you tried recording license plate numbers of the visitors and sharing those with the police? We had a house like this in a Madison neighborhood I lived in previously, and one of our neighbors (who was a police officer) spent his off time recording the license plates of every car that visited the house and providing them to the police department. It took quite a few months of doing this, but eventually the drug dealers did lose their lease.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:29 PM

3,463 posts, read 2,290,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AminWi View Post
It really does sound like you are doing all of the right things. Have you tried recording license plate numbers of the visitors and sharing those with the police? We had a house like this in a Madison neighborhood I lived in previously, and one of our neighbors (who was a police officer) spent his off time recording the license plates of every car that visited the house and providing them to the police department. It took quite a few months of doing this, but eventually the drug dealers did lose their lease.
Can't get the license numbers. I am never outside or close enough when they pull up in driveway or on the street. And I can't see the license number from my window.

I just got a copy of the letter that one of the property owners sent to the offenders anonymously and it is a really good letter. So, if they ever actually do check, or have checked, their mail we will see if it works or not. My understanding is that it was mailed mid week last week. Something is going on because the traffic has decreased quite a bit and I don't hear the front door constantly opening/closing endlessly. So either it is because of the weather or perhaps they received the letter. Time will tell.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:39 PM

333 posts, read 258,455 times
Trump will make your neighborhood GREAT again!

Old 12-09-2016, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt _farmer View Post
Trump will make your neighborhood GREAT again!
That is probably exactly why it suddenly went downhill.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:56 PM

785 posts, read 344,449 times
I feel your pain OP.

But honestly, if your landlord doesn't care about what is happening and will let anyone in as long as they pay, there is nothing you can do about it, and it might only get worse. If this were YOUR house, I would definitely tell you to arm yourself and start telling this loser to beat it, put up cameras, etc. and gather all the evidence you can. But this is NOT your house. And you are at the mercy of someone who doesn't live there (your landlord/owner) and doesn't care.

And clearly this is affecting your life. You're probably upset every time you hear him leave his apartment or hear a car drive into the driveway. This is only going to get more aggravating for you. My suggestion, even though you don't want to hear it, is to move. Drug dealers are not the kind of people you want to live with. And you have no control whether he leaves or not. Even if the police come and arrest him, there's no guarantee that he will be gone for long. These people don't care about the law and know they will get light sentences often times.

That's my $.02

Old 12-12-2016, 01:20 PM

OP I hope you keep us posted..regardless of if you liked the offered advice.. we're on your side!

Old 12-12-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
OP I hope you keep us posted..regardless of if you liked the offered advice.. we're on your side!
Never said I didn't like the offered advice (by some) and I did post a thank you for that. It was just that up and moving and breaking my lease with penalty was not an option at this time hence the reason I posted that fact in my OP. The actual question that I had and was seeking opinions/suggestions for was posted in bold in my OP.

Nonetheless, we as a neighborhood have been trying other options, including but not limited to, the letter that was sent anonymously and it appears thus far that the traffic has slowed down considerably to almost nothing. But, time will tell whether it will remain that way so we will see.

No one from PD or DE ever got back to me and obviously nothing was ever done by them either because these morons have still slipped in maybe 1 or 2 occasions since so it appears that it is still going on. But it sure beats the 5 - 10 times or more a day that it was averaging before. So again, time will tell.

My biggest concern was all of the constant 5 minute traffic with these strangers hanging around or coming and going from this building constantly just to buy drugs or pot 24/7. And plus all of the non-resident vehicles parking in our driveway on and off 24/7 especially when residents are not even allowed to park in the driveway. They were just taking over and they stuck out like a sore thumb. You didn't even feel safe at all when coming or going especially when it was dark out and/or trying to get around them parking in the driveway.

So fingers crossed that they got the message (letter) and it remains the way it is right now.

Old 12-14-2016, 06:55 AM

Quote:
So fingers crossed that they got the message (letter) and it remains the way it is right now.
Fingers crossed!

Obviously your neighbor's small potatoes in the big picture.
(Not that I wouldn't be feeling as you are if I were in your shoes.)

No "serious" drug dealer would be so obvious about it and I'm sure his supplier would cut him off if he knew how he was running his "business". The cops probably want to follow your neighbor to the bigger supplier in the picture and bust him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or