Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 09:47 PM

30 posts, read 44,170 times

Advertisements

I live in east side madison, in very Large complex. And my lease is not over until end of may. so 3 weeks from now. The new apt manager they hired wants to enter my apt 20 days before my lease is over to do 'pre move out' inspection. I have been renting apts all my live and never heard of pre-move inspection. Only inspection I had is on the last day, when I move out. We go though the apt and check all the things wrong etc.. and this is done just before I move out. Is this 'pre move inspection' common in Madison? 3 weeks before one moves out? What is the point of this, if we are going to make final move out inspection? I do not get it. Has any one had these where they rent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 09:27 AM

153 posts, read 128,727 times
I have never heard of a pre move out inspection. However, if I had to guess, I'd probably guess that it would have to do with wanting your apartment to look nice to potential tenants that they may be showing the apartment to. They can bring in people to show them the apartment before you move out. Personally, I've been turned off by apartments that I've been shown where the current tenant has things scattered everywhere and it appears they didn't take care of the place. It's understandable that they'd want the appearance of the apartment that they show to be desirable.

Old 05-17-2017, 04:39 PM

3 posts, read 3,901 times
Typically apartment managers will do a pre-walk of your apartment so they know if they need to schedule vendors to complete any work after your move out. They are looking for carpet damage, any items that may need to be ordered such as blinds, doors, etc. and overall the general condition of the apartment. This helps them determine if it can be turned in 24 hours easily or if they may need more time before having the next tenant move in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
View detailed profiles of: