Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2020, 12:09 PM

14,342 posts, read 11,852,839 times

Advertisements

Hello Wisconsin!

I am an agent in Washington state, and one of my long time good friends is going to be looking for a Real Estate Agent in the Madison area very soon and has asked me to help.

The daughter will be going to graduate school (Ph.D) at the University of Wisconsin and wants to buy a nice small farm, meaning a nice small house with at least an acre where livestock would be allowed, where daughter can live with at least two llamas and still be within 15 miles or so of school. Their max budget will be about $300K.

It's not absolutely necessary it be fenced already if the price will allow for fencing and shelters for the animals within the budget, but it would be nice to find a nice place ready to go.

I said I would try to find her a nice buyer's agent who would have the time and interest to really help them look as long distance buyers... they live here in Washington, and will be making a couple trips back and forth, the next one being in March, and it would be great if we could have them connect with someone to look or at least get a feel for the area when they are there. They will need to buy and be in and settled by August.

Please give me recommendations for good buyer's agents with good customer service skills, and as an extra bonus, if you know farms and small livestock properties and needs, that would be great!

You can write me here, or even call me if you just want to talk. My number is 360-742-2502.

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 01-28-2020 at 12:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2020, 01:45 PM

Well... this is not a very lively forum!

Old 01-30-2020, 06:05 PM

3,961 posts, read 10,973,640 times
Hi Diana. In the Madison area the housing market has been hot, definitely in the seller’s favor. Just checking realtor.com with the price limitations (keep in mind taxes here too) and amenities desired there are few options near the city/school area. Any site with even an acre for any animals permitted would most likely be out of Madison and out in a suburb/more rural setting. That can help on pricing, but drive time will increase. Add in winter travel and traffic by the UW here so note 15 miles can easily be a half hour or more.
I’ll defer to others for agent suggestions in town and obviously your contacts can do some checking online to get a feel before their visits.
Perhaps places like Black Earth and Cross Plains to the west, Cottage Grove to the east and Oregon or Stoughton to the south. Nothing is impossible but there likely will be trade-offs to be made.

Old 01-30-2020, 06:10 PM

Well, issues like this are really why they need a good buyer's agent to help them figure out where she can find a place within a commutable range of the college.

Hopefully some will chime in with some recommendations. I do appreciate the towns and directions you've named so far!

Old 03-26-2020, 10:17 AM

9 posts, read 11,132 times
Will Jackson - Arron Weber group 6085095497 because of his tips the buyer took our offer over many others. His experience in the market really helped. And yes it is a sellers market at the minute

Old 03-26-2020, 10:26 AM

Thanks for responding... This subforum is pretty quiet so I had to find other routes to research and find a good agent for my friend in Madison. Currently that is working out well, or will, as soon as this Corona thing passes and we're all back to working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison