Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,710 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating to Madison this summer and are debating on making an offer on a house in Hawk's Landing. We love the layout of the neighborhood but are concerned about the distance to downtown since we'll both be working at the University. I've heard a lot about the traffic issues coming in from the far west and am wondering if anyone can give me an accurate estimate of how long the commute will be in the morning and evening. Also any other advice on Hawk's Landing would be great. Do you think it is the right place for a young couple with no kids? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 04:31 AM

19 posts, read 54,291 times
I would estimate a 30 minute commute in heavy traffic (20 minutes in normal traffic), however bear in mind that you also need to factor in time for parking at the university, especially if you'll be parking in lot 60. My husband found that for him the fastest way into campus was from Old Sauk to Old Middleton Rd and then onto University Ave.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:04 AM

4,229 posts, read 17,607,330 times
I don't know much about commuting from Hawks Landing. I will say this we did some work last summer on a few homes there and the people were very nice. I don't blame you for liking the layout.

Old 06-13-2008, 05:07 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,167 times
Hwy M...on which Hawks Landing is located....is still two lane and believe me when I tell you that it can get very, very congested. This is especially true during "rush hour" traffic. They really need to make this 4 lane. It is an accident waiting to happen in many places.

Old 06-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,101,062 times
The neighborhood went online after I moved away from Madison, so I can't comment on the traffic. I owned a house built by the developer of Hawks Landing in another neighborhood they developed to the north. It was truly a great house... very well constructed. A friend who knows construction was impressed with the quality, too.

Old 06-28-2008, 09:15 PM

9 posts, read 46,711 times
Hawks Landing has some beautiful houses but the traffic on HIghway M is awful. My wife and I are looking for a home as well. We have been renting here for a year and we have seen the traffic on that road. It is too congested during rush hour and because of that we would not buy a home in Hawk's Landing.

Old 07-17-2008, 08:40 AM

14 posts, read 50,116 times
My parents have lived in Hawks for 5 years and they are very happy with it. Traffic is does get congested on Hwy M but lets remember this is Madison traffic which really isn't that bad. I agree with the time to get downtown 20 min w/o and 30 min with traffic. There are a lot of young families in the area and a new elementary school was built this summer and is opening this fall. The nice thing about Hawks is there isn't a lot of extra cars driving around in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison