U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:23 PM

6 posts, read 11,530 times
Wink Help! Single mom moving to Middleton in 2 weeks...

I am moving back north from Florida after being down here for five years. I have an ESE 4 year old who will be going to school in Middleton and I need to know if there are any good (yet affordable) after-school programs as I will be working (hopefully soon!) and he's far too young to be a latch-key kid (understatement of the year, I know )

I am signing a lease with Springtree Apartments, but I'm awaiting a call back from the school board and don't know yet what exact school he will be at.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:52 PM

286 posts, read 736,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TragicComic72 View Post
I am moving back north from Florida after being down here for five years. I have an ESE 4 year old who will be going to school in Middleton and I need to know if there are any good (yet affordable) after-school programs as I will be working (hopefully soon!) and he's far too young to be a latch-key kid (understatement of the year, I know )

I am signing a lease with Springtree Apartments, but I'm awaiting a call back from the school board and don't know yet what exact school he will be at.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Welcome back to town. Are you looking for the evening equivalent of day care?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:54 PM

I need to find after school childcare for my 4 year old since school will be getting out a couple of hours before I get off work. Since I am still in Florida, I can't research them in person and would love some recommendations.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:56 PM

Yes, pretty much. Except I will only need it after school since my son will be going to preschool through the school district. Here in FL the school bus will drop off kids at their daycare place after school, but not all daycares have that kind of program where it isn't all day and doesn't cost the same as an all day program.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:01 PM

No direct personal experience with this here, but I can ask questions. Would you prefer something close to Springtree or is closer to work better for you? What kind of arrangement do you have there in FL?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:05 PM

I've actually been a college student/stay at home mom for the past 4 years. I don't have a job lined up yet, but am hoping to at least start temping or working as soon as possible, so I have to have something in place for my son. I guess I would like anything in reasonable proximity to Springtree since that'll be closer to his school. I'm willing to drive a bit to find the right place.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:19 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,911,073 times
Afraid I can't be of much help, either, but I would suggest you post this question under the Madison forum since Middleton is essentially a part of Madison. You don't even know when you cross the line from one to the other unless you see the city limit signs.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:42 PM

I'll try that I'm a first time poster and really don't know what I'm doing yet I thought I did, tho...

Old 09-04-2008, 10:42 PM

3,321 posts, read 2,691,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TragicComic72 View Post
I'll try that I'm a first time poster and really don't know what I'm doing yet I thought I did, tho...
You might try google searches to gather more info such as your apt. name and what school district. Most schools offer on site after school care. You may qualify for a discount based on income.

Daycare is typically expensive around here. I believe there are several centers that do pick up from schools including the YMCA in some areas.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:07 AM

Here's a quick google on "daycare +middleton +wi"
This brings up a google map of locations out on the far west side, both Middleton and west Madison. Also brings up daycare of course.

daycare +middleton +wi - Google Search

At the same time I did a quick google on Springtree apartments in Middleton, nice convenient location, but I was concerned by some of the comments that came up.
I think you should look into this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison