U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-03-2009, 06:07 PM

365 posts, read 733,234 times
Question Krispy Kreme anywhere in MADISON?

Does anyone know where I can find Krispy Kreme donuts here in Madison? I'm pregnant and having an extreme craving...but it looks like the store that was built here on the east side was shut down and turned into a potbelly sandwich shop. Has anyone seen them in gas stations, super walmart, grocery stores???? HELP!!! MUST FIND KRISPY KREME TONIGHT...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-03-2009, 06:15 PM

2,672 posts, read 5,069,749 times
I went on their website and this is the closest I could find for you...

West Allis
2900 South 108th St.
West Allis, WI 53227
Phone: 414-604-1234
approximate distance:
71.67 miles

Call Woodman's, if they don't have them, no one will. And even if you did find them in Wal Mart or a gas station, since the nearest store is 70 miles away, they won't be too fresh. I guess if you craving is bad enough you won't mind a nice summer eveing drive LOL

Unread 09-03-2009, 06:20 PM

I don't care about fresh, zap them in the microwave for 5 seconds and they are sooo good...... I'll try Woodmans! I also found online OPEN PANTRY stocks them....it's where the Krispy Kreme truck was stolen from a few years back. Has anyone seen them stocked there recently? I'm tempted to start calling around. I've seen Woodman's and wondered what it was, it is so huge...it's a grocery huh? I'm sending the hubby to get them...poor guy, cravings are the worst....he prob won't mind the drive versus my constant begging for a KK donut, LOL thnx.

Unread 09-03-2009, 07:12 PM

CONFIRMED! Open Pantry has them....WOOHOO!

Unread 09-03-2009, 07:57 PM

1,564 posts, read 2,746,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyntheoc View Post
Does anyone know where I can find Krispy Kreme donuts here in Madison? I'm pregnant and having an extreme craving...but it looks like the store that was built here on the east side was shut down and turned into a potbelly sandwich shop. Has anyone seen them in gas stations, super walmart, grocery stores???? HELP!!! MUST FIND KRISPY KREME TONIGHT...
The Stop - N - Go on Fish Hatchery (also has a Milios Sub shop) has them. I think they are only fresh in the morning though.

Unread 09-04-2009, 08:33 AM

2,672 posts, read 5,069,749 times
Woodman's is the largest supermarket you will ever find. Aisle, after aisle, after aisle, after aisle...of every brand your heart could desire. It is very popular as it is a cheap, local chain. They are known for being cheap and ahving an amazing selection, but have a horrible fruit and vegetable department (freshness). If you don't like massive sized warehouse type grocery stores, you won't like the chaotic, indoor stadium-airport terminal feeling their stores generate.

Unread 09-04-2009, 09:33 AM

34,913 posts, read 50,571,324 times
Woodman's is basically a Super Wal-Mart-sized store, only with all the clothes and electronics and automotive equipment taken out and replaced with more groceries. Oh, and it's cheaper too. Plus they carry a lot of items from mom-and-pop Wisconsin food producers, even in their Illinois stores. This is particularly evident in the cheese aisle. Bring cash or a debit card though; they don't take credit. Also, be prepared to buy your produce elsewhere. For everything Woodman's has going for it, their produce just ain't too good.

The wife and I drive to Woodman's when it's time for a major stock-up. The nearest one is just under 50 miles away.

Unread 09-04-2009, 10:06 AM

1,564 posts, read 2,746,065 times
Agreed. Woodman's has the worst produce I have ever seen anywhere, but it does have all of the advantages mentioned above. Sentry Hilldale has pretty good produce, but nothing matches the farmer's markets around town (of which there is one in Fitchburg and Hilldale shopping mall - both close to you)

Unread 09-09-2009, 07:19 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,811,204 times
I totally hear you on the immediately (NOW!) need for fresh Krispy Kreme.
For your future donut needs that don't HAVE to be Krispy Kreme, I really really recommend Greenbush Bakery on Regent St. They're open late (bar time, IIRC). We hit it nearly constantly when I was pregnant with our first several years back. Fresh, delicious, and just all-around awesome. I wish they would FedEx them; I would SO buy them for the weekends. Sadly, we live in NC now and can't get them. Best of luck!

Unread 09-13-2009, 01:57 PM

3,321 posts, read 2,661,258 times
Default Woodmans poor produce quality

Since it has been mentioned once again on this forum, I feel the need to defend it, in stating it ain't that bad. It may not be the freshest or most attractively displayed, but if you are looking for some Granny Smith apples, green peppers, bing cherries, carrots, celery or a multitude of other produce, it can suffice and obviously does quite well, for the masses. The cherries I got from Woodmans were actually sweeter than ones I picked up from Copps. Yes, you sometimes have to dig around and it is not always pretty!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison