Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:39 PM

365 posts, read 1,220,123 times

Advertisements

West Towne Mall will not let you use your own camera for Santa photos...are there any places in or near Madison that will allow this? I've never run across this problem before...darn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 09:09 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,395,578 times
On Dec 13th the city of Fitchburg is having a holiday party with a Santa. You are welcome to bring your own camera and take pictures there. It will be in the community center, which is adjacent to the city hall - 5520 Lacy Road. Not sure on the times - contact Tony King at tony.king@city.fitchburg.wi.us for more information.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 PM

164 posts, read 601,191 times
Last year some parents ignored the Santa photo rules at West Towne and took their own photos anyway, even after the "handlers" told them 5 times that it wasn't allowed. It was kind of funny, they got in about a dozen shots in 15 seconds.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:16 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,593,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
Last year some parents ignored the Santa photo rules at West Towne and took their own photos anyway, even after the "handlers" told them 5 times that it wasn't allowed. It was kind of funny, they got in about a dozen shots in 15 seconds.
Wow what a way to instill great values in the kids and teach them to just "do the hell whatever you want"

Old 12-02-2009, 11:22 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,098,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Wow what a way to instill great values in the kids and teach them to just "do the hell whatever you want"
Yup, rules are rules!

"hey kids want to go see santa and get your picture taken with him?"

"oh wait I'm sorry we live in a nanny state where you we can't do that, lucky we have a bunch of worry warts looking after us other wise something bad could have happend to us...phewww that was close!"

Old 12-02-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Yup, rules are rules!

"hey kids want to go see santa and get your picture taken with him?"

"oh wait I'm sorry we live in a nanny state where you we can't do that, lucky we have a bunch of worry warts looking after us other wise something bad could have happend to us...phewww that was close!"

Well freaking hello, obviously the mall wants you to pay for the photos and have every right to do so. What would be next, they should just waive their fee? There are causes to fight for and this one I would never think of entertaining.

My dad used to dress up like santa when we were really little, he was really good, in fact he got paid by others to stop by and play santa in their private homes. They had to pay a fee too.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Well freaking hello, obviously the mall wants you to pay for the photos and have every right to do so.
Really? what will they think of next.

Solution: have people pay to sit on santa's lap instead of free lap sitting and paying for photo. Thank You I will be here all night, try the Kish and don't forget to your tip your waiter!

Old 12-02-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Really? what will they think of next.

Solution: have people pay to sit on santa's lap instead of free lap sitting and paying for photo. Thank You I will be here all night, try the Kish and don't forget to your tip your waiter!
Actually they thought of it a long time ago. Yeah they could start charging a flat fee to sit on the lap plus extra for any photos. If people continue to be that rude, maybe they will resort to just that to get a more respectable crowd.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:07 AM

I would include the price of the photo in the total price and have a local sponsor on the bottom of the picture to raise additional funds to go along with whatever they charge. So that way they get the "free"picture with the purchase.

How much are they charging for this racket anyways? If it's more than 15 dollars I would just have the wife stand 40ft away and zoom in and take the picture anyways...j/k.

Old 12-03-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
I would include the price of the photo in the total price and have a local sponsor on the bottom of the picture to raise additional funds to go along with whatever they charge. So that way they get the "free"picture with the purchase.

How much are they charging for this racket anyways? If it's more than 15 dollars I would just have the wife stand 40ft away and zoom in and take the picture anyways...j/k.
Oh all in good time...when you have yours you will find out how much it all costs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison