Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 02:49 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times

Advertisements

nice edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 03:11 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
Yep! I only made one F in my entire school career (Algebra II). I was smart enough to do what it took to correct the problem. Some things don't change! I'm STILL a smart cookie!

Old 09-13-2007, 04:22 PM

145 posts, read 338,606 times
Thank you,David. I was getting a little worried reading all these posts in how economically slow it is there. In Georgia we got a "D" so if we've been okay then I'm not so afraid to move to Maine.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:28 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times
Maine 38.0 2
New Hampshire 37.9 3

The reason most of our students do well in reading is that they were born here and English is their first language.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:44 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,099,406 times
Don't cha just love good news!?

and to think we've been saying that all along.....

Old 09-14-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Yep! I only made one F in my entire school career (Algebra II). I was smart enough to do what it took to correct the problem. Some things don't change! I'm STILL a smart cookie!
Yes you are

Old 09-14-2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidoftheNorth View Post
Maine received high grades from a Washington, D.C., nonprofit grading states on their residents’ abilities to achieve financial success.
By the way, thank you again for finding and sharing this site.

I have been emailing it to a lot of folks

Old 09-14-2007, 01:14 PM

378 posts, read 1,030,747 times
Default forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
By the way, thank you again for finding and sharing this site.

I have been emailing it to a lot of folks
This isn't the right post but you tell your wife she's in my thoughts ... it's a shame when a hard-working person who has taken care of themself STILL suffers with the same problems as those who do anything to their 'temple'.
Tell her I admire her pluck. She's a good woman and she has my strong thoughts for good health coming at her ..... oh, and I don't have to be the one to say: GET A SECOND AND THIRD AND FOURTH OPINION.

Please.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:19 PM

378 posts, read 1,030,747 times
Default could be

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Lumber is up due to the big Canadian outfits shipping the wood back to Canada. Taters could be up over previous harvests. Lobstering is stuck in the same category as ground fishing. I think someone is putting perfume on a pig

That happens A LOT here. This whole place (where I live) is a pig and they spread sunshine around. Or BLOW it around if you get my drift ...

They keep building all these luxury condos and the people who somehow magically qualify for same ... oh my god you can tell they've never put a napkin on their lap or figured out to start from the left.
None of that matters, it's just me pointing out how they're glossing over this stuff by importing some folks to skew the numbers here.
This IS Florida. Shouldn't surprise any of you.
I'm surprised they don't have a turnstile stretching across the panhandle to keep us IN HERE. They want to they just can't quite get away with it.

But I believe alot of the things about maine. I believe the self employment and small business and etc. The wealth one was kinda hard but just a few families might have caused that topple (bush and the rest of them farther down, lots of money there)
Only took a quick look so don't get mad at me; I'd have to study it to render a real live opine.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:56 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,381,561 times
I had a thought occur to me, (not sure if it's worth much). With all of the toy recalls, I think the market for home crafted toys will become larger this year and open up a wider market for well constructed and unique gifts. If there are some here that sew, knit, crochet, and/or woodwork, I think this could be a very good year to get your items out for people to see. Hand sewn dolls and small wooden trains and trucks would do very well for example, and a lot of small local stores will display your items for you. You may even want to leave your contact info for custom orders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine