Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:21 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,201,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Having authentic Mexican food is easy when your wife is an authentic Mexican.
so what your sayin tinbender is i can come to your house for mexican food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 05:45 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
Just remember to tip your server Ranger.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:47 PM

142 posts, read 346,050 times
Fahita Grill in Westbook on Main st. Authentic Mexican. Best mexican I have ever had,its real,good and prices are great. Though the waiters sometimes have a hard time understanding what I want so sometimes pointing on the menu works best. Go try,you won't regret.

Old 01-18-2011, 04:58 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Asking where you can get a decent burrito in Maine is like asking where you can get a decent lobster in Mexico isn't it?

Old 01-19-2011, 04:17 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
Yeah, cruise on down ranger. Anytime

Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
Way back in the first page of this thread I asked, "What's a burrito?". Now that I know what a burrito is, I'm faced with another of life's great questions such as, "How do you know when yogurt is bad?"

Here's my new question: How do you know what a "decent burrito" is?

Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Way back in the first page of this thread I asked, "What's a burrito?". Now that I know what a burrito is, I'm faced with another of life's great questions such as, "How do you know when yogurt is bad?"

Here's my new question: How do you know what a "decent burrito" is?
It's a perceptual thing. Like art, you know it when you see (taste) it.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:07 PM

50,333 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Do you have any Chipotle's there? Sorry if I'm repeating, but Chipotle's is all organic and prepared on site, carry out or dine in, and if you don't have one, you need one.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:01 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
I visited a paper mill to work on a problem several years ago. I was there all day with no lunch. In the late afternoon I stopped at a vending machine. There were only a couple of items left. One was a whole row of burritos. For some reason nobody had made that selection. It should have told me something, but the burrito looked something like an egg roll so I bought it, stuck it in the microwave and ate it. That was my one and only burrito. I understood why all the others were still in that nearly empty vending machine.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:44 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
NMLM that is NOT a decent burrito! It is akin to those soggy sandwiches that the machines put out...

A nice flour tortilla... some home made refried beans (pintos cooked with a little ham and onion, then introduced to a skillet with some oil, garlic and a bit of chili powder and cumin and squished with a "bean masher" (a specialized tool.. but a fork will work in a pinch) until they are mostly pureed, with bits of bean remaining.). Some lean ground beef, seasoned with a bit of chili powder and cumin as well... grated cheese... all wrapped up together in the tortilla with a bit of salsa... can be a wonderful thing. One can make it spicy.. or not... the meat can actually be omitted or can be fowl or deer (which we had here a few days ago)... they actually are pretty good made at home and then reheated briefly in a microwave.

But trust me, the machine ones are terrible...
Starwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
I visited a paper mill to work on a problem several years ago. I was there all day with no lunch. In the late afternoon I stopped at a vending machine. There were only a couple of items left. One was a whole row of burritos. For some reason nobody had made that selection. It should have told me something, but the burrito looked something like an egg roll so I bought it, stuck it in the microwave and ate it. That was my one and only burrito. I understood why all the others were still in that nearly empty vending machine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine