U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:21 PM

7,378 posts, read 8,073,091 times
ok...on the 5th he said one week....did he get here safely? we need an update!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2007, 05:26 PM

7,378 posts, read 8,073,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Hi to all you wonderful Maine-Iacs. My Husband and I are currently in Massachusetts, we've been here about a year and a half, and are ready to come home to Maine. We were living north of Bangor, and moved here because we had family that needed us. My husband is retired, I'm disabled, so work isn't a priority for us. There is handicapped housing in Lubec that we are applying. This will give us a starting place that's accesable. I've been reading all of your posts, appreciate all the information. Ed Smith, good luck and safe trip on your move. I was wondering if there is a gym or ymca or anything within a short driving distance.
Hi! I'm over a ways from Lubec, in Calais. I'm not sure if there's a gym or workout place right there, but in Machias there's a University of Maine campus that may have something. There is also a "Healthways" program in Lubec that is very involved in community programs, so they may be a good resource.

About the vet....we use the Little River Vet Clinic in Perry, but it may be too far from you. There is a brand new vet hopital in Machias, just before "town" on Rt 1. The building is beautiful, but I can't tell you any more than that unfortunately. Good luck!

Old 07-16-2007, 03:25 PM

7,707 posts, read 7,423,020 times
Thank you so much Molly. I'm waiting for Ed to get settled in and back online, I'm sure he'll have some stories to tell. Hope the move went well. We lived near the U Maine campus at Orono years ago and you're right, they may very well have something there if not at healthways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine