U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2010, 11:31 AM

351 posts, read 543,799 times

Advertisements

I'm 63 living with my ex-wife as a roommate for the last month or so after 6 years after the divorcé. I have no immediate family and no friends. I spent 62,000 miles looking for a place to live in 6 years and after all that I'm a roommate with my ex-wife. So I want to make one more move and live there for the rest of my life. I would like to live in the New England states but can't by myself. So I'm wondering how to make a friend who wants to be my roommate and who would like to go to Maine. Maybe I should ask some homeless people if they might like to do something like this. Yes I'm seeing a shrink, but I can't live alone and I don't want to spend the rest of my life in AZ
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 07:13 PM

3,231 posts, read 6,660,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul62 View Post
I'm 63 living with my ex-wife as a roommate for the last month or so after 6 years after the divorcé. I have no immediate family and no friends. I spent 62,000 miles looking for a place to live in 6 years and after all that I'm a roommate with my ex-wife. So I want to make one more move and live there for the rest of my life. I would like to live in the New England states but can't by myself. So I'm wondering how to make a friend who wants to be my roommate and who would like to go to Maine. Maybe I should ask some homeless people if they might like to do something like this. Yes I'm seeing a shrink, but I can't live alone and I don't want to spend the rest of my life in AZ
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
I'd be in the market for a new shrink.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:51 PM

8,760 posts, read 16,430,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
I'd be in the market for a new shrink.
And it's not even the full moon!! I agree. The meds are not working. That said I have always found that the easiest way to make friends is to have tons of cash and spend it freely on whomever you want to be your friend. Friends are very easy to buy. How much they eventually cost you depends on how much they need the cash and how hard you are to get along with. I'd say you could get someone to be your pal and move from warm sunny Arizona to freezing cold Maine for about 25K-30K...... Hey maybe your ex-wife will go with you....she's already there!!

Last edited by Maineah; 10-29-2010 at 08:02 PM..

Old 10-30-2010, 05:29 AM

3,021 posts, read 5,010,903 times
Throw in a methadone clinic and we have a trifecta.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:33 AM

7,395 posts, read 11,722,149 times
Thanks for reminding me that I need to come back and read here more.... there is always something here that makes me realize that in some circles I'm the normal one!

Old 10-30-2010, 07:06 AM

30,646 posts, read 49,319,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
Thanks for reminding me that I need to come back and read here more.... there is always something here that makes me realize that in some circles I'm the normal one!
You: normal, sane and intelligent are.

/Yoda mode

Old 10-30-2010, 09:23 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,052,873 times
Quote:
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Whether it be Maine or anywhere I think you would want a better plan then just looking to live with someone?

Why do you want to Leave AZ?

Why New England and what do you know about Maine?

Do you work? Are able to Work?

Your 63 and I dont know how much advise I could give you but sounds like your just unhappy and still looking for it????

Old 10-30-2010, 10:34 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,603,814 times
Being in Maine with a roomate is not going to make you any happier than living in Arizona with your ex-wife. Sorry to be blunt but the issues are with you and not where you live.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:11 AM

3,021 posts, read 5,010,903 times
Quote:
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
From looking at your other posts I would say, not only do you bounce around but, you are looking for a bigger city than anything Maine has to offer. Maybe Boston, someplace in NY or somewhere else but it sounds like Maine, NH, or VT just ain't gonna cut it bubba. Fom another Oregon post: "I am retired so money isn't a big problem so I don't have to work." Well, maybe if you found a job you wouldn't need a roommate. Get a big enuf city and you could do BJ's or Sams Club. Plenty of places to hide if you don't feel like doing anything that day.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:36 AM

657 posts, read 674,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Being in Maine with a roomate is not going to make you any happier than living in Arizona with your ex-wife. Sorry to be blunt but the issues are with you and not where you live.
"Wherever I go, there I am" -author unknown
"I have met the enemy, and he is me"-Pogo 1977
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine