Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 06:07 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,181,017 times

Advertisements

left winger,right winger.he will pi@# them both off doing his time as governor.sound to me that the NAACP have found their whipping boy and are sinking their teeth in him and he's going to fight back.so he wont bow to their one way of thinking.(THATS RIGHT I SAID THEIR ONE WAY OF THINKING) to many people have become so sensitive and sissified that one (kiss my butt)and they yell foul.i could give a crap less if he PI!@#$ off the NAACP,AARP,AAA,USSR, and 500 million other organizations out there who are so out of tutch from what they were intended for.as long as he does his job and fixes some thing he is better then what we had.we are maineah's suck it up he's our governor and that's that.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:41 PM

37,223 posts, read 60,940,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
If the NAACP truly believed in equality for all, they wouldn't even exist.
When you consider this was all about honoring a Christian minister [MLK jr.], but few can leave it at that.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:47 PM

37,223 posts, read 60,940,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
LePage has been a regular guest at the annual MLK event in Waterville, and has delivered the 'welcome address' in '04, 05, '06 and '08. It was the NAACP who was being inflammatory by insinuating racial negativity in his declining their invitation in favor of another event. He simply and effectively told them he wasn't going to play that game. It is the NAACP who should be chastized for *their* behavior.
I agree.

Turning a great man's message into a racist one is really bad.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:50 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,563,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineac View Post
Ya, but he didn't get a majority, did he? So over half of Maine voters can only hope he'll help, and not bow too far to big business and the tea bag goosesteppers that blame everything they disagree with on "elitist leftists." Words they picked up reading comments sections in newspapers. This kind of attitude will kill any hope for reelection.

But like I said, this is going to be fun. The wingnuts defending every silly thing he does and the left squealing about it. While normal Mainers just shrug their shoulders and hope the change is for the better.
WHEN YOU RUN THREE CANDIDATES CHANCES ARE NO ONE WILL GET A MAJORITY!!! A win is a win...just ask the JETS!

Old 01-16-2011, 07:59 PM

973 posts, read 2,365,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
WHEN YOU RUN THREE CANDIDATES CHANCES ARE NO ONE WILL GET A MAJORITY!!! A win is a win...just ask the JETS!
didn't seem to be an issue when Baldy, won with 38%...and the Jets are still a fraud team!

Old 01-16-2011, 08:09 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,563,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellysmith View Post
didn't seem to be an issue when Baldy, won with 38%...and the Jets are still a fraud team!
Agreed..... Pats blew it!

Old 01-16-2011, 08:25 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,692,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Agreed..... Pats blew it!
I called a suicide hotline but the line was busy!

6 picks in the 1st three rounds.... moving forward!

Old 01-16-2011, 11:30 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,181,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
LePage has been a regular guest at the annual MLK event in Waterville, and has delivered the 'welcome address' in '04, 05, '06 and '08. It was the NAACP who was being inflammatory by insinuating racial negativity in his declining their invitation in favor of another event. He simply and effectively told them he wasn't going to play that game. It is the NAACP who should be chastized for *their* behavior.
the thing is you cant criticize them for their behavior. then we would end up with that dumb a$$ al sharpton calling for an apology.think we are getting national attention now.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:12 AM

1,816 posts, read 3,373,281 times
"We demand an apology"......sorry ranger

As for LePage, show me. That's all I ask. Show me progress in what Mainer's find important. If it's the crass way, so be it. But I would prefer to see some refinement in other stately matters. I can call Uncle Joe if I want crass. I will enjoy following his term contrasting Jerry Brown's new term. So much comic relief, so little time.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:30 AM

2,054 posts, read 4,555,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
"We demand an apology"......sorry ranger

As for LePage, show me. That's all I ask. Show me progress in what Mainer's find important. If it's the crass way, so be it. But I would prefer to see some refinement in other stately matters. I can call Uncle Joe if I want crass. I will enjoy following his term contrasting Jerry Brown's new term. So much comic relief, so little time.
Ya, what's up with you guys on the left coast. I remember it was Governor Moon Unit that started your state heading into the crapper three decades ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine