Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 04:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,009 times

Advertisements

Hey I Live here and Narrows is awesome , Bullwinkles is very expensive now since the old owners sold the restaurant and they jacked the prices up .......... Moodys is a great place for a quick sandwich........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 05:09 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,429,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitty View Post
Hey I Live here and Narrows is awesome , Bullwinkles is very expensive now since the old owners sold the restaurant and they jacked the prices up .......... Moodys is a great place for a quick sandwich........

Hey ya! We all LOVE Moody's dinah, nothin' finah!

Old 12-16-2008, 09:53 PM

277 posts, read 887,491 times
MMMMMM Moodys. I always stop there for a quick bite when I'm heading down the coast.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:21 PM

118 posts, read 220,866 times
All back-story on Waldoboro would be appreciated. The downtown area isn't good, overwhelmed by the on-street, ill-conceived housing unit. And the new route 1 medians and strip-mall development is discouraging. Any ongoing feuds? Litigation? Planned developments, including wind farms, pipelines... town government hassles?

Old 05-10-2016, 07:36 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,975,875 times
Go somewhere else. Waldoboro talks the talk, but doesn't walk the walk.

Old 05-11-2016, 04:04 PM

536 posts, read 839,035 times
I've heard that Waldoboro is uneven--beautiful houses but not always good people inside?

Opiates--though they are everywhere now.

I love it there, it's so beautiful. But people have warned me it's a very complicated community. Know what you're getting into.

As it's second-hand and scattered info, just kind of an impression I've gotten, I can't say more; I'm just repeating what Mainers from adjacent communities have told me. All communities are complex, of course. Some little towns (Alna) get a pass; Waldoboro for some reason gets a scowl.

Old 05-11-2016, 05:47 PM

9,639 posts, read 5,975,875 times
Grew up there. Parents are still there.

It's got a healthy does of "true Mainers" that don't care what others think. The nastiness from them has spilled over a couple times.

Property taxes are too high for what you get in a town. It likes to think its a higher class town forgetting it's the poorest in the county. I think prices people list their houses for are too high often as well. I consider it an economic dead zone.

Trailer parks and low income housing galore.

It was much more active 20 years ago when we first lived there. Since then a lot of the businesses have closed down and few were replaced. It's had a long decline and given the people there I wouldn't count on it turning around. any of the communities around it are better.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:16 PM

Thank you. I think you chose the perfect word, "scowl." Unfortunately, that is my impression.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:20 PM

Thanks. I've noticed that the taxes seem ridiculous for the town. It seems like selling something at a high cost in order to give the impression that they're getting something special, like tiny bits of food on a big plate for $$$$.

Trailer parks and low income housing aren't a concern. The overall attitude, is. I remember the town from 30 years ago, and see no semblance of what it was then.

Old 05-28-2016, 03:26 PM

19,959 posts, read 30,011,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyalicemore View Post
I've heard that Waldoboro is uneven--beautiful houses but not always good people inside?

Opiates--though they are everywhere now.

I love it there, it's so beautiful. But people have warned me it's a very complicated community. Know what you're getting into.

As it's second-hand and scattered info, just kind of an impression I've gotten, I can't say more; I'm just repeating what Mainers from adjacent communities have told me. All communities are complex, of course. Some little towns (Alna) get a pass; Waldoboro for some reason gets a scowl.

what if you had beautiful people and ugly houses?? would that still be ....uneven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine