U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-22-2011, 07:54 AM

278 posts, read 701,871 times
Default Raeside-Dame Home Builders

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge or opinions regarding Raeside Dame homes? They specialize in early-American reproduction homes.
I'm curious about their reputation, if anyone has anything to share???!!!
Thanks!

Old 02-22-2011, 11:52 AM

1,061 posts, read 1,078,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilou View Post
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge or opinions regarding Raeside Dame homes? They specialize in early-American reproduction homes.
Thanks!
You have good taste. Those are nice looking houses.

But I cannot vouch for their quality.

There are a number of other builders and architects that specialize in reproduction homes, too, just avoid the ones who claim to be traditional, but whose designs look like cartoon houses meant to appeal to McMansion tastes.

Other thing is there might be a limite as to how far into Maine a reproduction builder will construct a home. Seems that many, if not all, in the reproduction business are located closer to Southern and Western Maine, because that's the biggest market for their specialized product.

If you're thinking of buying plans and then finding a builder, I would wonder how many builders these days can construct elements of a traditional house, like eve returns instead of those awful pork chop shaped things, competently.

Last edited by OutDoorNut; 02-22-2011 at 12:01 PM..

Old 02-22-2011, 01:12 PM

278 posts, read 701,871 times
We were looking at a small collection of homes in Eliot, but I have no idea as to the reputation of the builder. Mostly you just hope to discover if there are some well-known rumors that a newcomer wouldn't have access to! Thank you!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:12 PM

1,061 posts, read 1,078,881 times
Quote:
Hello,
Thanks!
This website features a lot of Raeside & Dame homes for sale: http://www.antiquehomes4u.com/

They also have reproduction homes by other builders, as well as real antique homes for sale.

There seem to be a lot of Raeside Dame homes in Eliot, Maine.

I'm pretty sure this is a Raeside and Dame home that was built for one of the company's owners, as the owner's (Mr. Raeside's?) own personal home, and which was sold a year or two ago:

http://www.antiquehomes4u.com/conten...88198,37624900

Last edited by OutDoorNut; 02-22-2011 at 07:21 PM..

Old 02-22-2011, 08:51 PM

4,285 posts, read 10,125,076 times
Quote:
We were looking at a small collection of homes in Eliot, but I have no idea as to the reputation of the builder. Mostly you just hope to discover if there are some well-known rumors that a newcomer wouldn't have access to! Thank you!
Mod Note:

Ah, and here's where things get tricky from a forum management point of view.

While very few businesses ever object to positive opinions being expressed on a public forum, considerably more have been known to get upset if they get slammed in that same space.

City Data strictly prohibits what it calls consumer complaints due to the potential for legal wranglings.

That said, the thread will close and members who wish to pass on inside knowledge to the OP are welcome to do so in the privacy of Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine