Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 06:02 PM

47,855 posts, read 21,879,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Like meeting with the President? (Go to Hell) The NAACP? (Kiss my butt) Examining the effects of BPA? (little beards) Studying labor issues in Maine? (undermine unions, working people and collective bargaining)
He's a treasure trove of faux pas.
Our Gov. unfortunately is the epidome of the tyranical father he sought to escape......he arrogantly says....."its not even an issue...its not open for discussion"...he has made up his narrow mind and so that is that.

How desperately does this little man want to court the favor of the wealthy and powerful? Just how wounded is he to turn his back on the cultural history of his own particular ethnicity....how far will he go in selling out the interest of the average Mainer.... hoping to curry favor of some out of state interests who might come to our state to exploit a depressed economy.

I have no doubt that we will survive this little man.....but make no mistake about what we've got.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 PM

1,064 posts, read 2,021,826 times
Quote:
Gov. LePage Orders Little Girl's Sandcastle Kicked In

Gov. LePage Orders Little Girl's Sandcastle Kicked In
I hope they did an environmental study before they demolished it.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:21 PM

326 posts, read 431,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
I finally got a glimpse of the mural in this 2 minute video. From the article: "The mural wouldn't be removed from public view altogether. It was suggested it could be placed in the Maine State Museum, among other locations." I would make an effort to go see it if it was somewhere I go to regularly. If it stays in that lobby area, I will probably never see it in my lifetime. I don't get to the Dept. of Labor much. Now that LePage has woke a sleeping giant in all pro-labor supporters, maybe this is a blessing in disguise to those who see an opportunity.

WLBZ2.com | Bangor, ME | Video
Second that! If he only would leave those petty things alone and do some work, at the very least we would have something to judge him by, you know, by things that actually affect us. From what I hear the state budget has been increasing at a more rapid rate than ever. I guess all this little things add up. I still find it bizarre he would be elected by 38% of the voters. It should've had a run off election. Oh well

Old 03-25-2011, 09:26 PM

625 posts, read 786,209 times
Quote:
We need a Dept. of Labor to deal with unfair labor practices (which do occur). I do understand that it wasn't a good idea in the first place to spend so much to have the mural done BUT, how much is it going to cost to remove it and have it reinstalled elsewhere? It's just throwing good money after bad at this point.
If I knocked on you door and said give me 5 bucks to remove a grand painting from a wall on my house, you wouldn't be happy either. In my opinion this is just LePage being petty. He's anti-union. During his campaign he said he was going to cut spending. The only proposals I've seen thus far to "cut spending" have been at the expense of the working class and the poor.
Unfair practices is what the COURTS are for. IE we already have a gov entity for that. This is why the founders did not make the labor dept a branch of government..

Uninstall? A gallon of white paint is about 10 bucks at wall mart the 5 gal goes for about 45 I figure 3 maybe 4 5 gal buckets should cover it right up.. Problem solved. If they had used white first we would have saved Almost 60 grand!!

Of course he is anti union he is pro FREE market.

Rant over

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 03-25-2011 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: off topic portion of rant removed

Old 03-26-2011, 06:43 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,516,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I saw where the MDOT has had to cancel a big award ceremony and dinner for the employee of the year too.

I would like to see governments stop wasting so much money on this kind of junk.

Can the mural be sold at auction so at least we can recoup some of that waste?

Maine needs cash and jobs. Maine does not need $100K+ employees, nor does it need fancy art work; all at the tax-payers expense.
I believe it was the "Maine Turnpike Authority" that cancelled their ceremony and dinner - not the Maine Dept. of Transportation

Old 03-26-2011, 07:51 AM

37,229 posts, read 60,954,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
I believe it was the "Maine Turnpike Authority" that cancelled their ceremony and dinner - not the Maine Dept. of Transportation
I stand corrected.

Hamburger / cheeseburger

Old 03-26-2011, 08:34 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,856,320 times
I love this guy more and more with each passing week. I didn't even KNOW the stupid things were hanging in the DOL, nor did most Mainers (why would we??)
Cheesy leftist agitprop.
Buh bye.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:57 AM

6,613 posts, read 13,456,061 times
Child labor, women and logging are not unionized. What is "wrong" with representing their history in the Department of Labor?

Old 03-27-2011, 07:08 AM

300 posts, read 755,098 times
Quote:
The mural stands for people uniting for better working conditions.
Then maybe you can buy it? :-)

Old 03-27-2011, 07:50 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,852,840 times
Ya know, it's a mural. Why move it? Just leave things be where they are. It doesn't hurt a durn thing and obviously it's already been paid for, loaned, whatever. This State has real problems without the Governor stirring up these non-troversies his big mouth fires up. Is the job so tough that he has to look at the minutia because he is overwhelmed by the day to day workings of state government? If he didn't like the mural then he should stay out of the DOL. We as humans put up things like this to show our travels through life. It's called history and where else better to show history than state buildings? My opinion is it was fine until he walked by before his first cup of Joe. Rant ended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine