Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:47 AM

37,464 posts, read 61,388,499 times

Advertisements

Maple sap flows because it is getting warmer and the trees are preparing to bud. Once they bud and leaves open then it is decidedly spring.

Also among the spring time-table of events is fiddleheads.

It is yet too early for buds and leaves; much too early for fiddleheads.

However they are just around the corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 11:54 AM

326 posts, read 433,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Maple sap flows because it is getting warmer and the trees are preparing to bud. Once they bud and leaves open then it is decidedly spring.

Also among the spring time-table of events is fiddleheads.

It is yet too early for buds and leaves; much too early for fiddleheads.

However they are just around the corner.
I just love to hear those comments about being so close to nature! So different than my reality right now. I'll definitely be joining you guys one day soon. Being content really isn't about the money is it?
Hope you didn't mind my little jest earlier...

Old 04-09-2011, 05:05 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Spring is here (for me)

My son and i played a round of golf today at a golf course - it was very nice out in the sun, and no bugs!!!

Also another sign of spring, two bass boats fishing in front of the house, and all the ice isnt even melted yet - fishermen are getting impatient- Im going fishing tomorrow, these guys were catching alot of fish!!

Old 04-09-2011, 05:34 PM

142 posts, read 346,129 times
We still have alot of snow in the yard. Today was almost warm enough to take the bike out. Lots of people on motorcycles is a good sign of spring.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:35 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,667,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainerWannabe View Post
I just love to hear those comments about being so close to nature! So different than my reality right now. I'll definitely be joining you guys one day soon. Being content really isn't about the money is it?Hope you didn't mind my little jest earlier...
Having some cash never hurts! Makes one MORE content IMO.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Having some cash never hurts! Makes one MORE content IMO.
Enough for living comfortable during winter, pleasurable during Summer, a car, a little house, being able to to some traveling... All bills paid without a problem, and I'm set!

Old 04-10-2011, 04:51 AM

48,129 posts, read 22,002,483 times
I noticed this morning that there wasnt a frost last night.....I believe this is the first frost free night we have had so far this spring.....I know there will be frosts and frost warnings right up thru May.....but it was curious to look out and not to see it this morning. The snow in the yard is more than 3/4 gone and I could begin to work the soil in the garden up near the house.....see lots of shoots of perennials coming thru!

Now I am listening for the spring peepers!

Old 04-10-2011, 06:30 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,682,072 times
26 above this morning, but it will warm up fast toady. It's a crystal clear sky. The bare spot on my lawn will grow today. All the deer have come to south facing fields that are bare. They feed on the green shoots at the edges of retreating snow packs and enjoy the warm sun. I saw about 50 deer in one field in Sebec the other day.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:39 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,100,311 times
Our driveway is finally all clear, and hopefully after tomorrow's rain that snowbank from the plowing will be gone too. Fingers crossed! Today we're raking the sand off the lawn edges~ this is the only time of year I wish we didn't have a corner lot~ and doing some general yard work.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:49 AM

So, from what I read in all your posts, winter is pretty much gone, wouldn't you say? It also amazes me all the talk about being sunny and crystal clear. It must be beautiful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine