Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 06:20 PM

846 posts, read 1,010,056 times

Advertisements

That is a Maine chain that has lobster dishes? It's kinda downtown.I want to eat there in two weeks. My flight gets in at around 3, wife dosen't fly in untill 9PM as she's coming from working in LA that week. Anyone know the hours of business? It's in the downtown area, in between Wal-Mart and UMPI.

Thanks,
Pete
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2011, 07:00 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,037,446 times
Do you mean Governor's?

Old 04-10-2011, 07:18 PM

973 posts, read 2,365,785 times
I'd be surprised if Governor's had lobster on the menu. Maybe a lobster roll, but I doubt that at this time of year. Check out Cafe Sorpreso which is right downtown in PI. You could also check to see if Gram Russo's at the Presque Isle Inn just south of town had lobster, but I'd doubt it. Google Cafe Sorpreso in PI, you will find many good things being said about it. Lobster in the County this time of year might not be easy to find on the menu.

Old 04-10-2011, 10:44 PM

Thanks folks, ain't necessarily looking for Lobster, just have ate at "The Govenor" and liked it before and wanted to kill some time. I will check out the other recommendations. We have a wedding in Juniper, New Brunswick to attend. Instead of dealing with the P.I.T.A. of crossing over twice, and checking into the hotel in Hartland, NB I thought I'd spend a nice afternoon in P.I. As her flight arrives so late, she may be hungry non the flight over from the "left coast" I am sure these places close early in the "off season" Might hafta take her to Irvings on the TCH once we get across.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:29 AM

1,895 posts, read 5,879,141 times
Just to clarify, it's called Governor's, or if you go there enough, just "Gov's", but it's not The Governor. If you're really hungry, try the Federal Deficit. According to their website, it's open Monday-Thursday 6:30 am - 9 pm; Friday-Saturday 6:30 am - 10 pm; Sunday 7 am - 9 pm.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:46 AM

Looks like I'm gonna eat my way across Presque Isle! Thanks for the idea's (Keep em coming).

Old 04-13-2011, 07:36 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,563,885 times
The Irish Setter Pub is excellent. It's on the right before you get to the Hannafords, Walmart, etc. Nice happy hour at 5:00 PM. I had the shepherd's pie there last time and thought it was excellent. My buddy had a steak that was equally good.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:10 PM

I called the VFW in PI and the guy there said they served food, probably won't eat there but as I am a member I might stop by and kill some time. I might have to find a nice park if the weather is permitting to sit down a spell and smoke me a ceegar. I always like to enjoy one after a day of airports and such. I have the wireless card thingy from Sprint in my laptop and I can check up on the forum! Thanks for all the great suggestions, sounds like lot's of good eating establishments in 'ol P.I.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:48 AM

Well, "Man plans,God Laughs" I boarded my flight in Greensboro, NC Thursday. My itinerary was, Greensboro-Philadelphia, Philidelphia-Boston, Boston-Presque Isle. We were stuck on the runway 2 hours in Greensboro whilst tornadic activity swirled around us, finally took off to Philly still in time to make my Boston flight, guess what? Bad weather in Philly everything going out was stopped. My wife was meeting me in Philly she got in at 8 PM from Phoenix. I had got a room in Philly at some crack hotel, it was the last one left, $165.00. I sure missed having firearms close by. I don't carry a gun per say and do not advocate violence but own some and know where they are should the need arise. Someone kept knocking on my door which is troublesome in itself, but when my sweetheart is with me it kicks it up a notch.Still thinking we could make our wedding, we returned to the airport early. Some of the same people I had seen the day before will still waiting to get places like Bangor, Halifax, Burlington and Presque Isle as I would've flown any of those places to make the wedding. No luck on stand by. Really bummed out we returned to North Carolina.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:57 AM

12,420 posts, read 3,220,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
The Irish Setter Pub is excellent. It's on the right before you get to the Hannafords, Walmart, etc. Nice happy hour at 5:00 PM. I had the shepherd's pie there last time and thought it was excellent. My buddy had a steak that was equally good.
Right on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine