U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 06-19-2011, 04:11 AM

5,594 posts, read 6,968,864 times
When my youngest daughter was 16 she spent six weeks on the Bowdoin College campus. Rhonnie picked her up and took her to lunch. They'd never met but both heard about the other all the time, and they hit it off instantly. Rhonnie gave her a hug for me and as soon as she dropped her off, called me to say "she's doing great." I will miss the lunches and suppers together, the long talks on the phone, even longer morning messages on facebook and most of all, the sound of her voice when she called because something struck her funny and she wanted to share.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-19-2011, 04:25 AM

33,409 posts, read 9,905,488 times
The "Island Mermaid" was one of my first friends on City-Data.....when I was still in California....she helped me in my house hunting....even doing a drive by on a house I had found on line...to give me her perspective. She went out of her way to provide any assistance she could and to welcome me to the state of Maine. Even from Florida....she was a grand ambassador for the State of Maine.

I never met her....and certainly didnt always agree with her.....but always was glad to know her and considered her to be a friend. She will be missed by many.

Unread 06-19-2011, 04:31 AM

2,052 posts, read 2,617,656 times
A genuine friend of the CD family, Mermaid will be missed.

Unread 06-19-2011, 04:35 AM

5,758 posts, read 6,980,083 times
Honest and accurate; That was how I thought of her. She had strong opinions and was not bashful about stating them, but when she stated facts you knew she was honest and accurate. Genuine; that's it. I'll miss her.

Unread 06-19-2011, 04:40 AM

2,848 posts, read 2,768,922 times
She was one of the first to befriend me on here. Also one of the first to give me merry ol' hell by DM (Must have been theat volvo line thing). She and DW hit it off the first time we all met at an N&C dinner last year. She was a sweetheart. I believe we did good for her on here, in person, and on that other social gathering website. She certasinly did good for us. It won't be the same. She'll be greatly missed.

Unread 06-19-2011, 04:43 AM

5,594 posts, read 6,968,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I never met her....and certainly didnt always agree with her.....but always was glad to know her and considered her to be a friend. She will be missed by many.
This was one of her best qualities. She didn't have to always agree with someone to call them a friend. She respected differences in opinions. The last time we had lunch together we met at Dysart's so that we could have a big table and so that we could laugh loudly without disturbing anyone. She looked around the table (eight of us) about half way through lunch and said, "I am so lucky to have so many great friends." We thought the same of her.

Unread 06-19-2011, 06:15 AM

7,378 posts, read 7,812,685 times
I wouldn't trade one second of the time I had with Rhonda~ even when it was time spent arguing. I am so grateful for her. I can her the sound of her voice, and her laughter, feel her hugs, and I'm so glad I got to spend time with her. She appreciated her life, she loved her family and friends with all her heart, she took very little for granted. She was smart, witty, sarcastic... a *true* Maine girl. What a wonderful, wonderful lesson for us all. Be sad, but know that what she wants for us all is to love our lives- to really LIVE.

Unread 06-19-2011, 06:30 AM

568 posts, read 881,451 times
I had the pleasure of meeting Rhonda and was fortunate to call her my friend.
As we stand here with tears of sorrow in our eyes saying "there she goes" there are those on the other side standing there with tears of joy in their eyes saying "here she comes".
Rest peacefully my friend. You will be the brightest star in the sky tonight.

Unread 06-19-2011, 06:48 AM

20,985 posts, read 24,820,901 times
Our prayers go out for everyone left grieving at her passing. May each find comfort and peace.

Unread 06-19-2011, 07:21 AM

12,163 posts, read 19,616,888 times
Wow, what a loss.

I'll miss her great comments and remarks on here. Never got to met here in person, but on this forum, she was one of my favorites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine