U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-21-2011, 06:55 AM

5,054 posts, read 7,694,335 times
My heart goes out to Mike and the kids and to the rest of Rhonda's family. (((HUGS)))

I've tried and tried these last few days to find the words to convey what Rhonda has meant in my life and how very much she'll be missed, and it always seems to come out sounding wrong in my mind. I think it's because there are no words big enough or thoughts deep enough to describe the loss of a woman who filled the world - and our hearts - as greatly as Rhonda did.

She came into our lives like a rolling storm and left just the same. Her rumblings and shakings will be felt in my life forever. I'll never see another rainbow without thinking of her and seeing her brilliant smile across the sky. Rhonda is just the impactful kind of woman whose words and life stories fill our history books, and she has left her lasting imprint on my heart. Love you, Mermaid!
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 11:05 AM

8,748 posts, read 10,957,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpf View Post
I am Not a member My name is Mike Rhonda's husband, Thank you all very much, she was and still is my best friend my life. Love you miss you Rhonda
Hey Mike,

So good of you to stop by the forum. As you can see your wife made a deep impression with many of us. When you're ready you can look back through Rhonda's posts, and read her words again. It's helped me to get past this sad time to see her words in print once more. Without City Data none of us would ever have met her and in that we are all truly grateful to have been in the right place at the right time. See you Thursday.

Tim/Maineah

Old 06-21-2011, 03:33 PM

7 posts, read 4,169 times
Tim,

You are so right! Most of us became part of Rhonda's life because of CD forum. Mike, we all know what a diffucult time this is for you and your family, but we are all here for you if you ever just need to talk. We all loved Rhonda.

Judy
(formerly ILUVMAINE)

Old 06-21-2011, 03:39 PM

7,707 posts, read 7,423,020 times
I adored Rhonda, (still do, always will). She was there for me when I needed her. She made me laugh, made me think, and just plain made me happy. Everytime I spoke with her it was as though we'd known each other our whole lives and had just seen each other the day before. She had such a wicked sense of humor and one of the alltime best smiles. I Love You Rhonda.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:51 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON!"*"CHRISTE, ELEISON" KYRIE, ELEISON!"0)
2,144 posts, read 3,032,681 times
Unhappy I am in total SHOCK & tears!!! We will miss you DEAR RHONDA!!!We LOVE you DEAR MERMAID!

Hello Mike,

My condolences go out to you, your children & loved ones!!
I am so very sorry!!!((((HUGS))))
Thank you for posting here.

I was just thinking of her yesterday, wondering why I had not seen
her around much. And that her birthday was coming up in Sept.
And thinking, what month are we in ? Oh, yeah I still have time....

Words cannot express how shocked, sad I am about this.

Rhonda was such a sweet, loyal, generous, kind, funny, stoic,

straight forward, special kind of LADY with so much spunk!!

She always sent me the nicest, sweetest messages!! And called me
sweetness.

And she was always asking how my Mother was doing. I feel so bad
that I cried on her shoulder regarding my Mothers cancer & she never
told me what she was going through. I wish I could have given her
the same comfort.

She always let me know she missed me when I was not around,
and I missed her when I did not see her posts as well.
I was hoping that when MAINEAH posted this thread that it meant she
went down to FL or something, but not this....
It cannot be true, no...

I will always remember & love our DEAR MERMAID!!!!
She me made me feel special & loved!!
She made me SMILE!!!

She helped so many people on this forum, with a sincere, kind
generous heart!!!
She had an AMAZING HEART!!!

Thank you DEAR MERMAID for giving so much of yourself!
Thank you for being such a good FRIEND & an amazing human being!
Thank you for being YOU!

Mike, please know we all LOVED & cherished Rhonda, our DEAR MERMAID!!!
And how sorry we feel about her passing.

May you & your loved ones know that she made an impact on our lives!

We will NEVER forget her!

((((((HUGS))))))

May her soul rest in Peace,

Peace & Blessings to you & your loved ones,

May God Bless you all!

Love,

Countrylv22

P.S: THANK YOU "MAINEAH/Tim" for starting this

thread & for being such a good FRIEND to our DEAR MERMAID!!!

Thank you for CARING!!

Quote:
I am Not a member My name is Mike Rhonda's husband, Thank you all very much, she was and still is my best friend my life. Love you miss you Rhonda

Last edited by countrylv22; 06-21-2011 at 05:34 PM.. Reason: Thank you 2 MAINEAH 4 starting this thread!Its so nice to see how many people LOVED our DEAR MERMAID!GOD BLESS YOU ALL!:)((HUGS)):)MAY SHE RIP!

Old 06-22-2011, 07:42 PM

164 posts, read 135,482 times
Default So Sad to Hear of IslandMermaid's passing

To all of her dear friends and family,
My deepest condolences in your sorrow. What a wonderful woman...
Surely she is in God's embrace now, and can watch over her family and friends.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:42 AM

2,958 posts, read 3,175,225 times
Quote:
It appears that you're a member now...if there's anything I can do, or you just need to talk, send me a DM and I'll send you a phone number.

Old 06-25-2011, 11:24 AM

8,748 posts, read 10,957,894 times
Island Mermaid's wake was a very nice event if you can say that about this type of gathering. People raised their glasses in a toast to Rhonda, listened to some poetry, and sang a few songs she liked. It was quite a large turnout. City Data's Maine forum was well represented with a number of Maine Forum friends making an appearance, having a drink, and chatting for a while. It was a fitting tribute to our Mermaid friend and actually one of her final requests from her wonderful husband Mike.
We will all miss her very much.... The forum will be a bit emptier without her. Life goes on... time will heal us, but we will never forget our Island Mermaid...............

Old 06-25-2011, 01:12 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,485,545 times
I was very impressed with the turnout, I would guess over 300 people there. I found it rewarding to spend time in the room talking with folks from the forum, as Rhonda touched us all in very different ways. I had to leave early to show a house in Windham, which went under contract today. That home, although not on an island and without mermaids, will always remind me of Rhonda, she was always so encouraging to me in my career and family life.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:09 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,482,386 times
Unfortunately I never got to meet Mermaid, but her dynamic presence here made a big impression on me. She emailed me a few times out of the goodness and wisdom of her heart. It amazed and humbled me that she took the time to provide help to someone she had never met. I admired her spunk, humor, fierce dedication to Maine, her energy, directness, and kindness.

Mermaid, you are greatly missed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine