U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-08-2011, 12:25 PM
 
414 posts, read 152,413 times
Reputation: 299

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I met her! She decided against moving to Maine. She was very sweet.
did she give you a demonstration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-08-2011, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
29,722 posts, read 47,483,706 times
Reputation: 17565
Last year there was a place in Old Town that was doing pole-dance classes and competitions.

It is just a block away from the bowling alley [which is somewhat famous for it's nekkid bowlers].

I am not sure how camping and pole-dancing go together, but I would be willing to watch. Before moving to Maine, I lived in a few areas where pole-dancing was popular. I have always admired good pool-dancers. It seems to really keep a person in good physical shape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Summerville, SC
45 posts, read 108,855 times
Reputation: 18
If I could, I'd bring my pole there with me, but there's too many people staying in the lake house to bother with doing that. My husband's aunt lives in Standish and brought up bringing me to that bar when we came up.

When I travel places, I look for pole studios to visit. I like seeing how different many of them are, and have a place to practice/work out/have fun.

I don't intend to stay at the "campsite" the entire time I'm in Maine anyway. Wherever it is, it's on a lake - that's about all I know right now. Husband and I are "camping" in a truck tent because we didn't want to have to stay 4-5 people to a room in the lake house. Last time I was there for a wedding, I never left Standish/Steep Falls, so this time I also plan on visiting Portland and learning more about Maine while I'm there.

And for the person who mentioned using a tree - Been there done that got the pictures.

beekeeper - I've been doing it for 2 years, it definitely is a fun way to exercise and I have noticed a big change in strength all around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 05:15 PM
 
Location: Forests of Maine
29,722 posts, read 47,483,706 times
Reputation: 17565
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl217 View Post
If I could, I'd bring my pole there with me, but there's too many people staying in the lake house to bother with doing that. My husband's aunt lives in Standish and brought up bringing me to that bar when we came up.

When I travel places, I look for pole studios to visit. I like seeing how different many of them are, and have a place to practice/work out/have fun.

I don't intend to stay at the "campsite" the entire time I'm in Maine anyway. Wherever it is, it's on a lake - that's about all I know right now. Husband and I are "camping" in a truck tent because we didn't want to have to stay 4-5 people to a room in the lake house. Last time I was there for a wedding, I never left Standish/Steep Falls, so this time I also plan on visiting Portland and learning more about Maine while I'm there.

And for the person who mentioned using a tree - Been there done that got the pictures.

beekeeper - I've been doing it for 2 years, it definitely is a fun way to exercise and I have noticed a big change in strength all around.
So long as you are having fun with it, great!

It can certainly be fun watching a person pole dance when she enjoys it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 05:55 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,969 posts, read 11,132,103 times
Reputation: 5240
Quote:
Originally Posted by NS4Life View Post
did she give you a demonstration?
No...no she didn't. It was girls lunch out and there wasn't a pole anywhere to be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 06:02 PM
 
Location: South Portland, Maine
2,356 posts, read 4,936,023 times
Reputation: 1511
Makes me want to go buy and install a pole right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2011, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Teton Valley Idaho
7,395 posts, read 11,508,869 times
Reputation: 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
No...no she didn't. It was girls lunch out and there wasn't a pole anywhere to be found.
She was sweet~ I hope she's doing well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 09:35 AM
 
Location: Dade City, Fl.
885 posts, read 1,188,818 times
Reputation: 528
Talk about staying in shape, I have a friend out in California that belongs to a clogging group, thats a great way to have fun and stay in good condition! But I DO enjoy or did in my younger days a good pole gal(yes at strip clubs) hey we all were young once....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-10-2011, 09:39 AM
 
414 posts, read 152,413 times
Reputation: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by namder1 View Post
Talk about staying in shape, I have a friend out in California that belongs to a clogging group, thats a great way to have fun and stay in good condition! But I DO enjoy or did in my younger days a good pole gal(yes at strip clubs) hey we all were young once....
A clogging group? Well I guess using a plunger can tone the biceps and increase the heart rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2011, 05:46 AM
 
4 posts, read 15,313 times
Reputation: 13
Hi Jerzey Girl
This is pole parties by Stacy & I'm here in Maine, not far from standish. A friend let me know you posted this! Send me an email via my website or Facebook, perhaps we can get together this week and you can get your pole fix!
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top