Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2007, 11:36 AM

2,721 posts, read 6,382,965 times

Advertisements

Saturday morning a friend went looking for the cub and he was found safe in a tree a short distance away. I made contact with the game warden and he came up. The rehabilitator was not going to be home until that afternoon so the warden said he,the vet and the man who would raise it, would be back Sunday morning. At 7 Sunday morning I checked the pine and Boo-Boo was gone. A neighbor called and said he was back in the tree so I called the warden. At 11:30 they showed up and the vet mixed the dose of tranquilizer. The rehab dude loaded it and shot the cub. Weight must be determined so as not administer too much of the drug for it may be lethal. They must have the correct amount of powder so as not too shoot the dart right through the cub and either hit an organ and/or lose the dart. After being hit with the dart the cub climbed higher into the tree. A stonewall was directly below the cub so the warden climbed a ladder and stood on a limb. The drugged bear fell,bounced off two limbs,the warden held his arm out and Boo-Boo was deflected past the wall! He was immediately loaded into a cage and shortly thereafter came to. The cub was transported to Bridgton and will be raised with very little human contact and should be released in the spring.

Preparing the tranquilizer.

Drug taking effect-notice the toungue!

Hang on little one!

Got him!

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2007, 05:04 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,036,667 times
thanks for the update 7th gen I'm glad it ended well!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:29 PM

10 posts, read 22,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Very nice photos, MOC! Is that black & white film or just the color of things? Cool!!

And Forest, I'd buy some of those earthtone colored soap eggs if you start selling them. I'll even pay for shipping to Texas! You know, those sort of things makes great XMas gifts fixed up in little baskets. I can think of 5 women in our family right now that I'd love to have a set for. Actually, packaging them IN the egg cartons with a little ribbon wrapped around or something like that would be cool! Actually, make that 6 women I know!

She may think about marketing during the holidays. I think you'd have your first set of sales from this forum!
Sorry I'm just now getting back to this. Photos were taken in color, it was just bleak.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:31 PM

10 posts, read 22,548 times
Some pics of our foliage, right here in Buckfield.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:50 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,036,667 times
Beautiful pics MOC!!

Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,323,979 times
Beautiful! Thank You

Old 10-09-2007, 04:56 PM

6,612 posts, read 13,452,326 times
Not exactly "Maine" but happening in Maine. Sun setting on my greenhouse today.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:21 PM

653 posts, read 1,909,326 times
Default nice greenhouse

nice greenhouse, where do you get that, will that poly survived Maine winter.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:05 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,487,556 times
Wow nice pics MOC.. Same question on the greenhouse. Would there be any special precautions if I end up on the coast to accomadate for the winds?

Old 10-10-2007, 06:01 AM

6,612 posts, read 13,452,326 times
I bought it from Rimol in New Hampshire. It's the first of five. This will keep greens growing from late February til mid December. When it's too hot for cool weather greens they'll be replaced with tomatoes and peppers. The poly is 6 mil and will last for at least four years. There are two layers of poly.

It's not going anywhere! There are 24 posts sunk 26" into the ground. We hit rock with two posts so those were dug out, cut to make them level (sort of) with the rest, and cemented into the soil 21-22" down. It weighs about two thousand pounds. I can feel it move when I'm leaning against it in high winds but it takes an awful lot to get to that point.

Baby beet greens to cut today. I'll cut spinach too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine