Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2008, 03:44 PM

47,864 posts, read 21,884,067 times

Advertisements

I won't show that to my DP or I may never get him to Maine. He is ok with the cold but really nervous about driving in snow and ice! Will just not talk about that and certainly not put that picture on the computer screen for background. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 03:52 PM

12,082 posts, read 38,718,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewitched View Post
Fantastic pictures, Zedzul!

I'm wondering how many people in the south are looking at the "white out" picture, and are wondering from what perspective it was taken...lol

It was taken looking precariously out the windshield, while white-knuckling the steering wheel trying to see the yellow lines on the road...or even the road itself!

(It's fun...just you wait, it'll be your turn soon!)
No problems, you can make out the roadway and snowbanks in that picture. Look close they're there! Spend a few hours driving in that mess and those things POP right out at you.

Show of hands: How many of you have driven with the side window down peering through the snow watching the snowbank pass on the left side counting "Openings" to know when you get to the right one to turn down, then count openings to know the right driveway to turn into?

Mines up

Old 01-02-2008, 03:59 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,367,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
No problems, you can make out the roadway and snowbanks in that picture. Look close they're there! Spend a few hours driving in that mess and those things POP right out at you.

Show of hands: How many of you have driven with the side window down peering through the snow watching the snowbank pass on the left side counting "Openings" to know when you get to the right one to turn down, then count openings to know the right driveway to turn into?

Mines up
Oh, um, yeah! Every year!!

Old 01-02-2008, 04:02 PM

Oh no not every year, only twice in the last 28 years.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:11 PM

454 posts, read 882,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post

Mines up
Oh, I can see them, all right....but I also grew up with this kind of weather .
I was talking about our Southern and extreme Western friends...who probably can't see squat there.....lol

Old 01-02-2008, 05:16 PM

Oh I know that those of us who drive in it can see the banks. just pointing out that they are there, they can be seen and you can make your way someplace if you have to when you are used to it. When I was in Dallas for a couple of years if there was snow flakes in the AIR, people were going nuts trying to get home before it got too bad to drive.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:02 PM

2,722 posts, read 6,386,721 times
Do you know what I like about this winter?

When someone asks me what I'll be doing today.................
...............tomorrow........................... ...........................
or on the weekend........................................... ..............

I can answer............................................ ....................
shovelling........................................ ..............................
plowing........................................... .....................or.....
snowblowing....................................... .....................

This guy hung out in the lilac bush throughout most of the storm.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:18 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,043,489 times
7th what great pictures--once again! I have never seen a cardinal....ever! I just haven't been fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time.....sweet pictures! thank you!

Old 01-02-2008, 06:23 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,330,468 times
Cardinals are my favorites! Thanks for the pics. I'm using your cardinal shot as a background, hope that's okay.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:30 PM

454 posts, read 882,012 times
7th, those are awesome pictures!

And that cardinal sitting there so pretty..
It's pretty cool that we get to see these things in our every day lives
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine