U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:26 AM

2,271 posts, read 5,538,407 times

Advertisements

Must be in NJ, because I have yet to see a rental on Realtor.com in Maine.

Believe me, I look at various places several times a day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 07:30 AM

738 posts, read 1,612,927 times
I have been looking for a house to rent out of state and there are a lot there. I checked realtor.com for Maine and found some, but few and far between. You can do an advance search and it will come up with anything within 20 miles. We own our place in Maine and spend most weekends, holidays, and vacations there, but I work out of state Mon-Thurs.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:04 AM

1,815 posts, read 4,267,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
I do not foresee it getting better anytime soon. I just looked at a place in Cape yesterday and the agent told me that this year he has far fewer rentals available than last because people are not leaving them since many can no longer buy due to foreclosures on previous homes and/or bad credit.
I agree with my friend lawmom. Rentals are hot because so many more potential buyers are not able to get financing either because of stricter requirements for buyers or properties in poor condition (that the banks own) that the banks won't finance.

In Maine, REALTOR dot com pulls listings directly from the Maine Real Estate Information System's MLS and we don't have rental on our MLS.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:57 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,855,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
Every town i put in in Maine, came up with Zero.

Did you put in any certain towns?
You can search Craig's list by towns/cities and check or uncheck the dog and cat boxes. Everything on Craig's List is not a scam; like another poster said, use some good judgment and common sense.

Here's a link from the Portland Press Herald online.

ME Classified Page | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

I googled rentals portland maine and found a couple links for property management companies....might have something that would suit you.

Old 07-28-2011, 12:29 PM

404 posts, read 642,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHG View Post
Yes, Portland and the surrounding areas, preferably within 10-15 minutes of USM/downtown. Is it only going to get worse with time? I can certainly wait a few months. There were some areas near Broadway and Ocean St. in South Portland I liked, but I only saw two houses with for rent signs up.

I notice alot don't even put signs up. They list them on craigs list and they seem to go, fast. The other Realtors santaro and drinan are pretty good, but not very pet friendly (don't know if that matters). As the summer passes they will want to get their properties rented no one wants them empty during winter. I've been looking myself and use craigs list almost exclusively, but I'm sticking to S.portland and Cape ELizabeth, I've seen a fair number, but not the right thing yet, I may stay where I am another year.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:47 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,240,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
You can search Craig's list by towns/cities and check or uncheck the dog and cat boxes. Everything on Craig's List is not a scam; like another poster said, use some good judgment and common sense.

Here's a link from the Portland Press Herald online.

ME Classified Page | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

I googled rentals portland maine and found a couple links for property management companies....might have something that would suit you.
Yes, i've been looking on Craigslist and there are tons.. sorry, i meant to say that Realtor dot com had none.

The Craigslist ones do seem to be repeated, so they must not be renting TOO quickly. Many are in Portland tho and i'm not interested in moving there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or