U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 08:02 AM

425 posts, read 630,055 times

Advertisements

On a side note, we were looking at a place called Stage Neck Inn. The only thing I wasn't huge on was the price. Is it worth it or am I still better off at the other places mentioned?[/quote]

Stage Neck is in a beautiful location, stunning...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 10:56 PM

471 posts, read 601,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by entyss View Post
On a side note, we were looking at a place called Stage Neck Inn. The only thing I wasn't huge on was the price. Is it worth it or am I still better off at the other places mentioned?

Stage Neck is in a beautiful location, stunning...[/quote]

Also, check out York Harbor Inn. We've stayed there several times, in a couple different properties that they own. We REALLY liked the 1730 Harbor Crest building. The main building is also great. I believe they are less $$ than Stage Neck (haven't stayed there).
Something to be very aware of if you are going in October is the annual York Harbor HarvestFest. From the York Harbor Inn website:

October 15 & 16 - 28th Annual HarvestFest
Location: York Beach, Maine, 10am-4pm. This festival includes a variety of activities, live bands, an ox roast, bean hole beans and 200 local food vendors and juried & marketplace crafters from all over the country. Harvestfest also includes a corn toss challenge, a POW-WOW, hayrides & much more.

We were a bit apprehensive about staying in York Harbor during this event, but found it delightful for about 1/2 or 3/4 days worth. Tip: go hungry, lots of great local eats!
On the minus side, it does bring in a substantial crowd, so you won't have the village to yourself, so to speak. Also, be sure to have a nice dinner at the York Harbor Inn, (at the main dining room, as well as the pub downstairs), but be aware, again, if you go during the Harvestfest, you'll need reservations.
Other things to do in the area would be to take the little ocean-front trail (just steps from the Inn), visit the Nubble Light, poke around the shops of Ogunquit, and check out Kennebunkport. However, you can really spend several delightful days just exploring York Harbor! Very cool. You'll have a deluxe time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine