Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 04:15 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,971,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
I'd rep you again right here if I could...
Ditto! I'm out....i'll go get marshmellows for the fire!

Old 02-14-2014, 04:56 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
You have got to be kidding that you think I can't understand what you posted or your questions. I posted CLEAR, concise, accurate answers for every question. Yet you continue to ask the same thing again and again.

SO: yes, yes it has 240; yes it is perfect; yes it is big enough; yes you should just 1/2 ass the job and forget doing it right. No, nobody here knows what the heck they are talking about .

I'm done. Hopefully somebody got some use out of the information I posted.
If it had been one typo on one ad, as you had contended, I would have dropped it. However when theHome Series ad had the generator listed with 220 as well I naturally continued with the same line of questions.

220 was listed TWICE in 2 different ads, that just seemed weird to me. If you can't understand why I still had questions then I don't know what else to say other than you have obvious anger issues.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 02-14-2014 at 06:10 AM..

Old 02-14-2014, 06:54 AM

16,671 posts, read 15,668,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
I'd rep you again right here if I could...
That's OK. I took care of it for you.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
If it had been one typo on one ad, as you had contended, I would have dropped it. However when theHome Series ad had the generator listed with 220 as well I naturally continued with the same line of questions.

220 was listed TWICE in 2 different ads, that just seemed weird to me. If you can't understand why I still had questions then I don't know what else to say other than you have obvious anger issues.
None of that matters. Have you called a licensed electrician that has experience with generators and transfer switches? Yes or no. Until you do, it is fairly certain that you won't get this done right.

BTW, where in Maine is your house? We all want to make sure we don't live near enough to put our own homes in danger, and some of us may want to come watch the fire fighters.

Signing off.

Old 02-14-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
None of that matters. Have you called a licensed electrician that has experience with generators and transfer switches? Yes or no. Until you do, it is fairly certain that you won't get this done right.

BTW, where in Maine is your house? We all want to make sure we don't live near enough to put our own homes in danger, and some of us may want to come watch the fire fighters.

Signing off.
LOL, that's pretty good.

Not sure why everyone here keeps posting that I am trying to ramrod my idea through despite the dangers. I love all the comments about how I'm going to burn my house down. Once I learned how dangerous my initial plan was I have I have been pretty clear that I had no intention of doing anything that would put us at risk. But since many of you have overlooked that part for some reason let me help you out by re-posting my earlier comments:

Quote:
No problem here, I came looking for answers and appreciate the feedback. Trust me I have no interest in doing anything stupid/dangerous.

Quote:
and have NO interest in killing myself. So thank you for preventing a tragedy.

In response to DanBev's description of how his home was wired. The "eventually" meant after researching the generator.

Quote:
I remember that and that will be my plan, eventually.
Quote:
And yes in order to get that I will hire a contractor and get the appropriate chord.
So it should be pretty clear that I had no intention burning my house down seeing as I said as much on 5 separate occasions. From the time I learned that my initial plan was dangerous my entire discussion was centered on the fact that the generator I was looking at was listed TWICE as having 220. I never once said I was planning on sticking to my original plan, I was simply trying to get a clarification on the generator's specs. Yet posters here continue to post as if I'm sticking to my original plan and am about to blow up my house by being stupid and stubborn and that is complete nonsense.

To answer your question yesterday I discussed this issue with my neighbor, a licensed electrician. And no I do not live in Maine. Probably just as well, they don't teach reading comprehension very well up there.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 02-14-2014 at 09:45 AM..

Old 02-14-2014, 10:02 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,971,215 times
I'm not from Maine either, but they seem like nice helpful people. And the "chord" that you get? I'd suggest a G minor.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:19 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,853,217 times
Quote:
And no I do not live in Maine. Probably just as well, they don't teach reading comprehension very well up there.

And yet Maine consistently ranks higher than Maryland in education.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Hey don't hold inter city Baltimore schools against me, they pull down the numbers. But yeah "chord" was pretty lame.

Anyway thanks for the help fellas. It was good to know that my plan was dangerous, I honestly didn't realize obviously.

Love your state, been to Baxter SP, Bar Harbor etc. And what do you know, I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan since '67. Born in Boston, moved near DC when there was no baseball to speak of when I was young.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I had heard that Maine had good schools, but I have no first-hand information about that.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:56 AM

High school basketball sucks, I can tell you that without even looking it up.

I see Bydand isn't even in Maine, damn is anyone here in Maine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine