U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2007, 04:24 PM

2,052 posts, read 4,057,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkzs View Post
Thought is was moose but never heard a call like that, very nasil cavity horn like sound!!
Thanks! Moose meat is very good, lightly pound to break the fibers marinate and keep it around medium for better cuts.
Cow calling in bulls.

Wanna have tons of fun...???

Get a #10 food can. Punch hole in bottom just enough to get a string through.

Take a long shoe string or rawhide and tie it to a large button.

Pull loose end through the hole in can.

Wet string and with practice you run your hand along string making long or short cow calls. Use a shorter stroke to simulate a grunting bull.

Once you are good at it it is nothing to call a bull into a cut or along a body of water.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:01 PM

11 posts, read 80,807 times
Back in July I would hear loud horn sounds at nite across the lake and I just thought it was some routy loons...very loud.Wonder now if it could have been something else?
Have the leaves started to turn at all? I plan on being at the lake next weekend. Hope the weather is good.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:07 AM

573 posts, read 1,012,231 times
Leaves are just beginning to turn, not a lot of color around the lake yet. Last night at sunset a fog bank slowly rolled in over the islands just off shore. It was lovely. The lake is low but not as low as previous years. We went scavaging for cool rocks last night. We have an antique drawer that held wooden type mounted on the wall and have it filled with little Graham Lake stones, glass, feathers, bones and what not. We found lots of great "skippers" and had a friendly competition to see who could make the most skips. I throw backhanded and got 16 with one big, very flat black stone.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:11 AM

653 posts, read 1,709,442 times
Default well water around Graham Lake area

how is the well water in the southern part of Graham Lake.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:46 PM

573 posts, read 1,012,231 times
fine, why?

Old 09-28-2007, 06:02 PM

Default well water

we are looking to buy property there, since we have to have well to supply household water, just want to make sure we can get water from well and it is safe to drink. we had well water in Miami, 2-3 years after we move in to the house, the county found some things in the water came from dry cleaning chemical and when we looking to buy property in Lake county, California the listing agent can not tell if we can get water from well or how deep to go down that could be very expensive.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:41 AM

Default icefishing

Just got back from visiting Graham lake, the lake is beautiful, did not see any activity on the lake. is it windy enough for windsurfing, does anybody icefishing in the winter?

Old 10-06-2007, 08:23 AM

10 posts, read 43,748 times
Wink Still looking for a lot

Boonsklyer,

I noticed you were looking for a lot on Graham. I just bought one in Oxbow Pt.. That's a new subdivision on the east side of the lake. It's about 5 miles up rt 179 on the left. There's still a real nice lot left on the west side of the point listed by Travis Coffin of Realty of Maine.

There's some other lots on the north side of the point but they have a lot of wetlands on them.

As for ice fishing, I imagine they do but it's not a real populated lake as you've seen. That's why I like it.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:34 AM

Default lot on graham lake

congratulation!, may be we will run into each other on the lake kayak/canoe(ing) in the future.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:21 PM

16 posts, read 52,073 times
Default Ice Fishing

Hi all,
We go ice fishing on the lake. We're on the Northern part of the lake (Mariaville), and there are a few people who take their trucks out on the lake as well as 1 or 2 icehouses which they drive out. There are some lots for sale also off Graham ,which, most have the sign for the realtor Assist2Sell, in front. I seem to see that realtor a lot in the area, however, I have no personal experience with them. Well, good luck on your endeavor !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or