U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 PM

17,167 posts, read 22,195,062 times

Advertisements

gps dog collars must be available in this day and age???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 07:36 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,542,155 times
The Maine craigslist site has ads in the pet section looking for their puppies or dogs who were stolen. One is a 7 week old puppy left in their driveway "by accident".

Old 09-08-2011, 04:11 AM

3,637 posts, read 5,265,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
gps dog collars must be available in this day and age???

Collars can be thrown or lost, but there is a microchip implant that can be purchased.

Microchip ID's for Dogs | eHow.com

Old 09-09-2011, 06:51 PM

20,654 posts, read 15,445,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutDoorNut View Post
People need to control their dogs.

If they don't, then they shouldn't complain when someone is forced to defend their property and pets.

Here's a case where a farmer shot a dog when it got into his chicken coop: No animal cruelty charges*in dog-shooting case Maine News Bangor Daily News

I don't blame the farmer one bit. And what he did was legal.
I don't blame him either. I think what would anger me the most about that situation, if I ever find myself in that situation, would be that I had to even BE in that situation where I had to hurt or kill a dog. I do. not. want. to do that! I will protect myself and my dogs but damn, don't make me hurt yours because you can't control it! (general "you")

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
The Maine craigslist site has ads in the pet section looking for their puppies or dogs who were stolen. One is a 7 week old puppy left in their driveway "by accident".
Accident huh. Right. Most people I know with a 7 week old puppy never let that puppy out of their site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
Collars can be thrown or lost, but there is a microchip implant that can be purchased.

Microchip ID's for Dogs | eHow.com
My dogs have microchips but that's not going to help if they are stolen for bait. I don't think anyone is running the band over them to see if they are microchipped before tossing them in the ring to be eaten.

The way to stop this nonsense, or at least cut down on it, is to make extremely harsh sentences for those who are arrested and convicted for it. Unfortunately, abusing animals gets someone a fine and a slap on the wrist. I hope that I see that change, in my life time.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:51 PM

3,637 posts, read 5,265,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

My dogs have microchips but that's not going to help if they are stolen for bait. I don't think anyone is running the band over them to see if they are microchipped before tossing them in the ring to be eaten.

The way to stop this nonsense, or at least cut down on it, is to make extremely harsh sentences for those who are arrested and convicted for it. Unfortunately, abusing animals gets someone a fine and a slap on the wrist. I hope that I see that change, in my life time.

I realize that. I was responding to MBM's query (paraphrasing) about this day and age isn't there a gps collar.

As far as harsh sentencing, judging by the relative lame sentences some horrific crimes get up here, I think it'll be a long while before that happens unfortunately.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:26 AM

78 posts, read 191,675 times
Agree with reloop:inherently evil. Most of us cannot fathom, even in our wildest imagination, the type of person who does this. I think throwing these vile people into a pit filled with venomous snakes would be too kind.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:49 PM

6 posts, read 8,722 times
Unfortunatly, dog fighting is all over. down here in south Flori-duh, it is bad. And they usually get away with a fine and thats it. And if there are people there, they only charge the people 'running' the fights. everyone else walks. Poorly done.

Our dogs are total companions and we treat them as our children. In other words, mess with them, and you will get some "stick-time" from me.

Old 09-24-2011, 09:31 PM

20,654 posts, read 15,445,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendedo View Post
Unfortunatly, dog fighting is all over. down here in south Flori-duh, it is bad. And they usually get away with a fine and thats it. And if there are people there, they only charge the people 'running' the fights. everyone else walks. Poorly done.

Our dogs are total companions and we treat them as our children. In other words, mess with them, and you will get some "stick-time" from me.
Just one of the many reasons I had to get out of South FL. The mentality down there is sickening.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:52 PM

5,963 posts, read 10,499,069 times
This goes on all over and Karma is a bit** and one can only hope theirs would be they are thrown into the ring with pits, or is that too kind for the coward bas**rds??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine