Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 10:32 PM

245 posts, read 607,698 times

Advertisements

In the mid 1990's I used to go to a pizza buffet on Friday evenings at a homeless shelter in York County (near Alfred, by the jail??) that doubled as a bakery. They made the homeless work in the bakery, I think. I am trying to remember the name of that place. Any ideas? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 04:47 AM

245 posts, read 607,698 times
I found it:

it is called Mama Mia Dinners which feature all-you-can-eat spaghetti (in the 90's, it used to be pizza...or maybe they had spaghetti too, and it only cost like $5). It is located at York County Shelters, Inc. in Alfred, ME, across from the Bakery at Notre Dame. I used to go every Friday in 1994. One lady even brought tupperware and filled it with pizza to take home, which I thought was a little too much. I used to come an hour early and get multiple slices quickly, because if you had to get in line again to get seconds, the line was all the way outside the door and stayed that way til closing. You would spend your whole time just standing in line.

Mama Mia Dinners Start Up Again! (http://www.yorkcountyshelterprograms.org/yorkcountyshelterprograms.org/Mama_Mia_Dinners_Return.html - broken link)

"Due to the overwhelming requests
from area residents and the need

to raise funds for the feeding programs

at the York County Shelter Programs,

the Mama Mia "All You Can Eat" Pasta

Dinners have returned!

Starting June 3, and continuing every

Friday (from 5 to 7 p.m.) through the month

of August, the York County Shelter Programs will

offer the much-loved fundraising dinners once

again in the Dining Commons across

from the Bakery at Notre Dame on the

campus of the Brothers of Christian

Instruction off of Shaker Hill Road in

Alfred.

The menu will consist of spaghetti with

a choice of meat or veggie sauce, pizza,

Italian bread, salad, beverage, and a

dessert. The cost for adults is $10. Children

from three to eleven years of age can eat

for $5; while children under three eat for free.

The Bakery at Notre Dame will be open

during the hours of the dinners for anyone

wishing to purchase any of their delicious baked

goods. For further information please contact

the Bakery at Notre Dame at 324-8811."

Old 09-08-2011, 10:04 AM

68 posts, read 195,154 times
Do you get paid to post commercials on this forum ?, or are you the one running the business ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine