U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2011, 06:02 PM

6 posts, read 8,720 times

Advertisements

Hello all. The family and I are looking at a home outside of Sebec with some acres. Looking to stay up for 3 seasons vacations and then full time in a few (5) years. I am trying to learn about Dover Foxcroft and Milo, as they are nearby.
Hobbies are fishing, outdoors life hiking, wildlife watching, gardening etc. I will adjust to the winters as we have realitives in Millinocket. We don't need to find a job as we have a small internet biz but we will be retired from our primary jobs.
Can you help with a overview of this area? Are there areas to AVIOD here? The home we are looking at has a K1 Direct Vent Heater. Can anyone say how they are in a 900 foot (4 season) home?
We are just looking for peace and quiet and looking to spend time enjoying our lives without involving the rest of the area. Not being grumpy, we just done need 100 people around us to survive.
Thanks so much, Hendedo.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 11:46 AM

1,808 posts, read 2,892,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendedo View Post
Hello all. The family and I are looking at a home outside of Sebec with some acres. Looking to stay up for 3 seasons vacations and then full time in a few (5) years. I am trying to learn about Dover Foxcroft and Milo, as they are nearby.
Hobbies are fishing, outdoors life hiking, wildlife watching, gardening etc. I will adjust to the winters as we have realitives in Millinocket. We don't need to find a job as we have a small internet biz but we will be retired from our primary jobs.
Can you help with a overview of this area? Are there areas to AVIOD here? The home we are looking at has a K1 Direct Vent Heater. Can anyone say how they are in a 900 foot (4 season) home?
We are just looking for peace and quiet and looking to spend time enjoying our lives without involving the rest of the area. Not being grumpy, we just done need 100 people around us to survive.
Thanks so much, Hendedo.
I have two cousins (one that lives in Dover and the other in Dexter) that have summer places on the lake and another cousin that lives there year round (near Milo). Both D-F and Milo have what you would need with shopping and other services. I can't think of any bad areas. The lake is busy in the summer and it has great ice fishing and snowmobiling in the winter. All of your hobbies are plentiful in that area and much more. Choosing a 900sf home is smart in a cold winter climate. From what I have researched, the heating system looks good and has some good benefits especially for your square footage. As far as people being around, it's totally up to you. You can live like hermits or be in every social group there is. hth

Old 09-27-2011, 09:53 AM

6 posts, read 8,720 times
Thanks, this helps a bunch. we are looking and planning a trip up in a few weeks. I am looking forward to taking in everything I can and we are reading as much as we can find about the area.
I really wish I had time to bring the motorcycle and ride. I would probably never come back here though and we need a few more years before we can leave our jobs.
C'MON LOTTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine