U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 10:56 PM

53 posts, read 140,916 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to say hi, I have been reading this forum for years now, finaly registered today. I am in the process of packing and selling my home in colorado for the move back home to Maine...finaly. This has been many years in coming, but the time is here. I was born in Bangor, but my family is based in the Shapleigh area, the familys farm is still there and still in the family, and I hope to find a house as close to that as possible to buy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 11:17 PM

1,808 posts, read 2,893,473 times
What a nice area. My dad used to know someone from there. Close to many things yet still in the country. Good luck with your relocation. We still own our old family farmhouse too in Dover.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:01 AM

885 posts, read 1,189,891 times
Welcome back! I recently(last March) returned to Maine after many years in California. I think you'll miss certain thing about Colorado like I do about Ca. but for the most part there are many advantages to living here again......except the humidity...lol.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:58 AM

29,730 posts, read 47,517,527 times
Welcome back

Old 09-27-2011, 12:43 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,666,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namder1 View Post
......for the most part there are many advantages to living here again......except the humidity...lol.

We are moving from PA to Maine TO ESCAPE THE HUMIDITY! You have no idea what livinng in super saturated 102% humidity in PA is like. Right now, here in late Septmeber, its close to 85%. Where I'm moving, right on the ocean, its only 50%. Even in Abbot, where Nmader1 is posting from, its only 67%, right this moment.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:01 PM

Yea it is certainly a much drier climate here in colorado, but....Maine is home, always has been and always will be. By the time I get everything packed, and get my house listed and sold....you all know how the market is, it will be winter. So I am going south and will stay in my travel Trailer in Mesa AZ for the winter, and finish the move back to Maine around April 1st or there abouts. Will need to find a house to buy, can lucky pay cash for a small one, get it ready ie...carpet, paint, fenced yard for the dogs etc..., then have my things shipped out there from the storage locker here in colorado.

We have always came back to Maine as much as possible through the years, spent 9 days on the Schnoor Nathanial Bowditch out of Rockland a few years ago...best vacation of my life!!

Old 09-27-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
What a nice area. My dad used to know someone from there. Close to many things yet still in the country. Good luck with your relocation. We still own our old family farmhouse too in Dover.

Thanks RM, hhmmmm...you wouldnt happen to be the realtor from way up north there would ya?? If so I cant tell you how many years I have been viewing your website & listings, many, many years...lots of nice homes avalible up in that area. Over the course of time I have looked over much of the state at different homes and priceings, there is one in Eagle Lake that I have been in love with for years now, and its back up on the market. But in my heart I know I want to be as close to my family in Shapleigh as possible.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:50 AM

448 posts, read 839,635 times
good luck

Old 10-10-2011, 04:31 AM

885 posts, read 1,189,891 times
67 %...yikes.......when I was in Ca. 20% was sticky.....guess it's all what your used to.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:16 AM

828 posts, read 1,403,811 times
Well with any luck we'll be moving back to Maine next year sometime. I like Texas to some degree. BUT I am a country boy and always will be. I prefer a quiet night or seeing the 4 legged animals to the the hustle and bustle of a city. I want to look up at night and see the stars in the sky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine