Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 10:32 PM

52 posts, read 135,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
Yes, I keep telling all these man-made global warming crazies that global warming has been occurring since the end of the last ice age. Also, 1 volcano eruption puts out more pollution than all the factories, cars, and man made sources you could create. I am not saying we shouldn't do our part to prevent pollution but I don't buy the global warming alarmists.
Perhaps you should visit Phoenix, Arizona (or as we like to call it, "Nature's Griddle") before you decide whether global warming really exists or not. We've just broken a record for most days over 110 degrees in one year, and the forecast says we've got more of the same to come - indefinitely. Between the heat and the pollution, I'm guessing that this arid boomtown I call home will spontaneously combust by the end of the century.

I've had it with the heat. Can't wait to get out of this forsaken dustbowl and back to four seasons. I just have to figure out where! I've never been to Maine, but it sounds gorgeous...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 10:39 PM

9,399 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
winter flies like a dream filled night, you hold your quilts and pillow tight, with spring we waken, stretch and yawn, summer's here, then soon long gone, embrace the fall, It's colors bright, I'll be home soon, to winters white.......
Can't sleep!! so much to do, so excited, but dreading the actual move lol.
And so to all, I wish you well, I'll be back soon my tale to tell
Very nice.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:41 PM

9,399 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfez View Post
Perhaps you should visit Phoenix, Arizona (or as we like to call it, "Nature's Griddle") before you decide whether global warming really exists or not. We've just broken a record for most days over 110 degrees in one year, and the forecast says we've got more of the same to come - indefinitely. Between the heat and the pollution, I'm guessing that this arid boomtown I call home will spontaneously combust by the end of the century.

I've had it with the heat. Can't wait to get out of this forsaken dustbowl and back to four seasons. I just have to figure out where! I've never been to Maine, but it sounds gorgeous...
If God had intended that millions of people live in Phoenix, He'd have put a big river there.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:50 PM

52 posts, read 135,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
If God had intended that millions of people live in Phoenix, He'd have put a big river there.
Ah, but there USED to be a river through Phoenix - the Salt River - but they dammed it up years ago. Now they only let it flow when there is a lot of snow melt/run off from the mountains in northern AZ.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:04 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,751,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfez View Post

I hear you - trying to keep cool myself in this most horrible weather month.
BTW, Maine is gorgeous!

Old 08-31-2007, 03:52 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
When do the fall colors start to happen in Maine? Just wondering when we take the scenic way up (Rt. 1 ), what the view will be green or oranges, yellows and reds. Sorry just thinking out loud ( My silly dog got adjusted to my overtime schedule and having trouble sleeping in until 6 now).

Old 08-31-2007, 07:15 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
But the song says that Arizona has oceanfront property

???

Old 08-31-2007, 09:51 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,360,450 times
If you'll buy that, I'll throw the Golden Gate bridge in for free.

LOL

Old 08-31-2007, 10:26 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
from my front porch you can see the sea....

hey, we sound pretty good!

dramamama, we've got some yellows all ready.... you might see a little orange and red....something that's not mentioned often is in the fall the blueberry leaves all turn this bright, bright red. It's stunning!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Just a matter of time. Eventually the Land of Fruits and Nuts will finish sliding into the ocean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine