U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-12-2011, 12:25 PM

31 posts, read 28,288 times
Default Motels in Aroostook County

Can anyone recommend a nice motel with decent weekly rates for our family to stay at while we look for a house to rent in the area? Hopefully with internet service!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2011, 01:11 PM

57 posts, read 37,088 times
Well, Aroostook County is pretty darn big, so I guess it depends on where you are planning to live. In Presque Isle, the Hampton Inn is new, comfortable, and centrally located. Not sure if you would be able to negotiate a good weekly rate. Other options in town include the Northeastland Hotel, the Presque Isle Inn & Convention Center, and the Budget Traveler. Any of them would be decent, but I believe the Budget Traveler might be most willing to negotiate something reasonable in terms of a weekly rate. I'd recommend starting there if you are looking to stay in Presque Isle.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:52 PM

10,103 posts, read 9,695,495 times
I second the budget traveller in p.I.
been staying their for years-economical

the caribou motor inn is quite pricey, but it does have an indoor pool and hot tub and gym and restaurant

the northeastland is decent too, but pricier than budget T.
Budget T, gives you a free movie and does have free wifi

Old 11-12-2011, 06:28 PM

12,152 posts, read 20,564,621 times
Agreed about the Budget Traveler in PI. That would be my first pick in the Caribou/PI area to stay.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:02 AM

1,255 posts, read 1,297,211 times
The Caribou Motor Inn is the nicest hotel in Aroostook, but is expensive. I stayed there for a few weeks about five years ago, and they do have a weekly rate. The Budget Traveler is clean, but spartan. Stay away from the Crown Park Inn in Caribou, I had a terrible experience there. You didn't mention which part of Aroostook you are going to be staying at? Also, check around for off-season snowmobile cabins. I ended up staying in one of these all summer, very cheaply. Two bedrooms, living room, kitchen and cable TV.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:15 AM

12,152 posts, read 20,564,621 times
I wouldn't leave my dog at the Caribou Motor Inn.

Old 11-13-2011, 01:12 PM

The brand new hampton inn in presque isle, what are the rates???? does anyone know??
any amenities? free wifi? free movie?? pool??

Old 11-13-2011, 01:47 PM

380 posts, read 402,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
The brand new hampton inn in presque isle, what are the rates???? does anyone know??
any amenities? free wifi? free movie?? pool??
I stayed there one night and got my companies discount. $120, no WiFi but they have a computer in the lobby for customers use. I would think for the price they charge they would have WiFi, even your low end hotel/motels offer it.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:45 PM

[quote=FNolan;21697818]I stayed there one night and got my companies discount. $120, no WiFi but they have a computer in the lobby for customers use. I would think for the price they charge they would have WiFi, even your low end hotel/motels offer it.[/

Thanks for the info

for 120 a night wifi should be included (and a free massage)

I was a bit surprised to see the huge hotel after it was built, keddy's and budget traveller have many rooms (and northeastland)

I use to stay at caribou motor inn for years for business rates until one night went to over 90
m I thought what idiots, they are going to lose business patrons, not only for the hotel, but the restaurant

i asked the desk clerk to write the owner a note from me " for 6 years I stayed at this hotel at decent business rates, now that you raised rates, dont be complaining about off season capacity.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:22 PM

57 posts, read 37,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
I stayed there one night and got my companies discount. $120, no WiFi but they have a computer in the lobby for customers use. I would think for the price they charge they would have WiFi, even your low end hotel/motels offer it.
I have used wifi there before, most recently a couple of weeks ago on the second floor. I don't know that it's the best, but I know it's available in at least part of the hotel.

There is also a small pool in the hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine