U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-14-2007, 04:08 PM

21,797 posts, read 28,274,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Wow! Forest, the romantic.....awww!
Well I am building a house with a sunken living room with an open fire pit in the center.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:36 PM

7,392 posts, read 8,450,962 times
KAF I completely expect that you'll be there....it never occurred to me that you wouldn't!!

Old 11-14-2007, 05:33 PM

411 posts, read 569,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
KAF I completely expect that you'll be there....it never occurred to me that you wouldn't!!
Awww! Molly you are sweet! See, that's why I love this board. Now, it's off to kick hubby's butt at the "Farming Game", and eat some homemade mac and cheese for supper. Better go downstairs and rescue the new kitten from the dog also...

Old 11-14-2007, 06:18 PM

7,392 posts, read 8,450,962 times
ok, somewhere on here today I read a post from dpironman asking about the attic in my old house in Eastport. I can't find it!! I was ready to answer it when I read it, then something came up that I had to do. I'll answer it here ok? The "attic" isn't a walk up attic. There is a hole you'd have to go through from one of the bedrooms in the ceiling. There can't be much room up there, like a crawl space. I've never been up there! I'm sure the new owners have though...it can't imagine she wouldn't check that out! I always planned to, but never got around to it

Old 11-14-2007, 08:48 PM

1,961 posts, read 3,014,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

Falling snow, firelight, three fondue pots: herbed oil in one, cheese sauce in the second, and chocolate in the third, wine, a jacuzzi, and you ladies. Now that sounds to me like a much better combination.
I like your style, forest
Your better half is one lucky lady( and I am sure you are quite lucky that she chose you )

Old 11-14-2007, 09:01 PM

21,797 posts, read 28,274,301 times
Yeah, she would be welcome too.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:39 AM

454 posts, read 556,666 times
Blueberry Whoopie Pie Recipe

1/2 cup Crisco shortening
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 egg
1 cup blueberries crushed well (fresh, NOT pie filling)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk
Creme Filling (recipe is below)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.

In a large bowl, cream together shortening, sugar, and egg. In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a small bowl, stir the vanilla extract into the milk. Add the dry ingredients to the shortening mixture, alternating with the milk mixture; beating until smooth. Fold in crushed blueberries.

Drop batter by the 1/4 cup onto prepared baking sheets. With the back of a spoon spread batter into 4-inch circles, leaving approximately 2 inches between each cake (I found out the hard way this is VERY important!). Bake 15 minutes or until they are firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.

While cakes are cooling, make creme Filling

Creme Filling:
1 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 cups Marshmallow Fluff or marshmallow creme
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

In a medium bowl, beat together shortening, sugar, and Marshmallow fluff; stir in vanilla extract until well blended.
When the cakes are completely cool, spread the flat side of one cake with a generous amount of filling. Top with another cake, pressing down gently to distribute the filling evenly. Repeat with all cakes.
Makes about 9 large pies.

Some tips for storage

To store, make sure you place them on wax paper, or plastic wrap, they tend to stick to things! I usually use oblong Rubbermaid storage containers (clear things with snap-tops) with wax paper on bottom

To freeze, wrap each pie in plastic wrap. Loosely pack them in a plastic freezer container and cover. To serve, defrost the wrapped pies in the refrigerator.

(and YEP...it says FLUFF!)

Old 11-15-2007, 02:25 PM

5,661 posts, read 7,688,426 times
Here's something random for the off topic thread. I'm meeting with a publisher tomorrow and can use all the good thoughts you can spare!

Old 11-15-2007, 02:37 PM

12,140 posts, read 22,011,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Here's something random for the off topic thread. I'm meeting with a publisher tomorrow and can use all the good thoughts you can spare!
Good Luck!! And, good thoughts your direction tomorrow for sure!

Old 11-15-2007, 03:00 PM

2,133 posts, read 3,786,911 times
Freeze whoopie pies? I've never had a batch last long enough to even think about freezing them!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine