U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-22-2007, 06:34 AM

4,104 posts, read 4,203,930 times

Advertisements

It's been in the 60's here all wekk, but temps falling into the 40's throughout the day today and we are supposed to get a dusting.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:50 AM

2,133 posts, read 3,795,598 times
The big midwest storm you probably saw on the news stayed just south of us last night. Milwaukee & Chicago had problems though.

We still have grass. Dead, brown grass.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:31 AM

7,392 posts, read 8,469,412 times
did you all see the note above? it's in the top section, in announcements, about giving reputation to helpful posts? It was noted in the "About the Forum" forum that state forums don't usually send out the positive feedback as much as some of the other forums--like politics, or religion, or other topics--so an effort is being made to spread the word

Old 11-23-2007, 02:23 PM

2,991 posts, read 3,424,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
My favorite childhood lunch.. do you have the oyster crackers too?
No, I don't like crackers in my soup.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:31 AM

5,054 posts, read 8,051,048 times
My cell phone seems to have bit the dust. Has anyone had the screen go blank with only white light showing? Looks like the white noise screen on a TV. I hate to buy another phone right now, because we're with AT&T, which doesn't service Belfast. It's silly to buy a new phone when we could be moving at any time and have to switch to a new carrier. Any ideas?

Old 11-26-2007, 08:44 AM

El mine did the same thing. I took it into US Cellular in Bangor a couple of weeks ago, and it turned out that it was water damaged. I have insurance on mine, so they just sent me a new phone, same model. I have to go in and have it activated--I can do that at the US Cellular here in Calais. How old is your phone? Do you have insurance on it? If you're at the end of your contract, and the trouble is with your phone, I don't think you have to renew. I think their lifespan is usually a bit over two years, and that's with really good care. I'm not as careful with this one as I was with my other one....and I'm pretty sure that the water damage happened on the last hike--that one in Belfast!!

Old 11-26-2007, 08:49 AM

21,817 posts, read 28,375,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
My cell phone seems to have bit the dust. Has anyone had the screen go blank with only white light showing? Looks like the white noise screen on a TV. I hate to buy another phone right now, because we're with AT&T, which doesn't service Belfast. It's silly to buy a new phone when we could be moving at any time and have to switch to a new carrier. Any ideas?
Walk in to a local AT&T tech outlet and show them. If their is still time left on your contract, they may fix or replace the phone without you having to sign a new contract.

Verizon just recently got into Maine.

We had a contract with them, when we moved, got up here and found that their towers stopped at the state border. By mile marker 40 driving North it went to roaming and no more signal was to be found anywhere in the state. It took me nine months of complaining, to finally get them to admit that they had no towers in Maine and to release me from their contract.

Now we have a Unicel repeater tower visible from our kitchen window, the red light flashes all night [off in the far distance].

It is my understanding that Verizon did come into Maine last summer.

Though we are happy with Unicel.

They have two plans. One is strictly a local within New England plan, and the other is up and down the East Coast. When my DW goes to visit her sister in Maryland, one call to Unicel while she is driving on the freeway, will shift her from the NE plan to the East Coast plan.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:37 AM

We are within 60 days of renewing our contract, so they are going to let us do an early upgrade and renew the contract now. We still have to pay $30-50 depending on the phone, but that beats retail price! We already found out that when we move to a non-AT&T area, they are going to let us out of our contract with no penalty, so I'm not worried about renewing now.

So, off to phone shop! I hate this part, because I tend to be extremely picky.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:42 PM

lol....I wonder if she's coming home with that new blackberry?? lol....

Old 11-26-2007, 03:12 PM

No, actually I just got a cute little red Nokia. DH just bought me a nice HP pda for Christmas, so I thought a Blackberry would be a little redundant, though I do love that Blackberry Pearl Red!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine