U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2007, 06:39 PM

411 posts, read 790,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Maybe you subconsciously want warthogs on your farm. Whatever it is, it was very creative.
This could be, although that doesn't sound like much fun. lol I've got enough work around here as it is, warthogs would be messy.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:41 PM

411 posts, read 790,892 times
Pumba, see now, we watched The Lion King with the kids I nanny a few weeks ago. I bet it was subconcious, I love him! lol

Old 12-27-2007, 06:58 PM

38,425 posts, read 18,188,727 times
We had another showing today; the realtor called to set up another showing for tomorrow. She was very complimentary about "your beautiful home" and said she has been working with the client who looked at the house today for about 6 months. She is very "into" feng shui, and our house met almost all of her needs, except for the placement of the oven. A house has to meet 85 to 95% of her criteria or its a no go. I suggested she could switch the stove and microwave and with the refrigerator. the space would be the same and would put the oven on a different wall. She is going to mention that to her client. Meanwhile she is bringing another client by tomorrow morning.

We do continue to have showings! But no offers.

Today was a beautiful day here, we went to San Diego to meet a friend and go out for lunch at a wonderful Italian resturant....starting with calamari and zuchini frito, then I had a wonderful scallop dish served with a garlic wine sauce over a bed of spinach--it was perfect! Then we went over to the Cabrillo National Monument with a lookout over the bay to Coronado and beyond to the Mountains in Mexico. The wind was brisk but the sun gorgeous and due to some recent rain, the roadsides are starting to green-up. A lovely day!

Old 12-27-2007, 07:17 PM

29,723 posts, read 47,507,271 times
"Dick Clark's girlfriend"?

What does that mean?

I got a rep that says: Dick Clark's girlfriend

Old 12-27-2007, 07:17 PM

5,054 posts, read 10,933,280 times
It's wonderful that you are having frequent showings, though no offers have come yet. Showings lead to offers! We have had no showings for 7 weeks now, so consider yourself fortunate that your market it still moving at a steady pace. Our house was in this week's paper again, so maybe....

I believe your offer will come any time now. You obviously have a lovely home and it must be in a desirable area with so much interest already. Good luck!!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:22 PM

38,425 posts, read 18,188,727 times
OMG I went from having an "awesome aura" to being a "jewel in the rough" somebody up there must like me

Thank you guys! It does feel good! I think the Christmas menagerie had a lot to do with pushing my rep points!

Old 12-27-2007, 09:20 PM

2,356 posts, read 4,937,908 times
Hey Guys.........didn't Want To Have To Read The Previous 200 Pages So I Am Not Sure If This Has Been Brought Up......IS THERE any Way To Get This Thread Permantly Placed At The Top Of The Page.....reason Is Because Not Only Is It Usefull And Clearly Popular But I Had In Mind Of Another UsEful Thread That Might Fit Well There Also....along With The Photo's?

Thanx

Old 12-27-2007, 09:22 PM

874 posts, read 1,634,990 times
I think only one thread can be pinned and we had an informal poll and decided we wanted the photo post stuck up there. I'd like to see both because I like the photo one there too.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:24 PM

874 posts, read 1,634,990 times
The best gift I got this year was a comment my son made to a friend. My friend was driving with her daughters from Maine to Jersey to visit family. She offered to take my older kids with her to visit their dad. God bless her, that's a long drive with 6 kids and a puppy. Along the way she asked my son if he liked his step-mother. He said he thought she was nice and a good cook. Then he told her he was actually pretty lucky because he had two good step-parents. He said that my husband is always on top of him about things and even though it's annoying, he knows it is good for him and that he is really watching out for him. Wow!

Old 12-27-2007, 09:43 PM

5,054 posts, read 10,933,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flycessna View Post
Hey Guys.........didn't Want To Have To Read The Previous 200 Pages So I Am Not Sure If This Has Been Brought Up......IS THERE any Way To Get This Thread Permantly Placed At The Top Of The Page.....reason Is Because Not Only Is It Usefull And Clearly Popular But I Had In Mind Of Another UsEful Thread That Might Fit Well There Also....along With The Photo's?

Thanx
We can only have one "sticky" on the forum, and it was designated for the Photos thread. Bummer, huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine