U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-02-2008, 03:06 PM
 
874 posts, read 1,637,148 times
Reputation: 730

Advertisements

Normally I would say yes. But in this case I have to say... ask your realtor. It may be a good idea to leave them up but it may make your house seem out of step to buyers.

 
Old 01-02-2008, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Florida&Eastport
612 posts, read 1,065,491 times
Reputation: 586
Default Send Snow *****

Speaking of food...the chowdah is ready. I made Maine clam chowdah using canned Bar Harbor chopped clams. It is good and hot...just burned the roof of my mouth. A good chowdah day here in northern Florida. The temp outside is 46, windy and cold. I know I know...nothing like Maine but it is a definite welcome change. Two days ago it was 80 degrees and humid. Send snow!!
 
Old 01-02-2008, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Florida (SW)
38,471 posts, read 18,239,175 times
Reputation: 46325
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
Speaking of food...the chowdah is ready. I made Maine clam chowdah using canned Bar Harbor chopped clams. It is good and hot...just burned the roof of my mouth. A good chowdah day here in northern Florida. The temp outside is 46, windy and cold. I know I know...nothing like Maine but it is a definite welcome change. Two days ago it was 80 degrees and humid. Send snow!!
I just bought a couple of large size cans of clams to make chowdah with; thinking all things maine and that it might change my luck in getting there.
 
Old 01-02-2008, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 10,949,747 times
Reputation: 1853
Funny, we're eating Campbell's Select canned clam chowder for supper! Oh, well! We'll have more of the good stuff soon. Just couldn't miss an opportunity for chowder when it's actually cold out. They're predicting a low of 24 for us tonight!
 
Old 01-02-2008, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 10,949,747 times
Reputation: 1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I just bought a couple of large size cans of clams to make chowdah with; thinking all things maine and that it might change my luck in getting there.
With spring approaching and the Christmas decor going back into storage today, I've been tossing around ideas of what to do next. Our house will need a fresh face, and I have decided to start decorating for my Maine home. I was going to wait and have a moving sale last minute to rid myself of the Old World Italian Villa look before we move, so we don't have to pack it all. It will never do in our New England home. I've decided to start incorporating my new theme this spring, which will give us a fresh look and we'll be surrounding ourselves with positive Maine "vibes"! I decided it will help me to bring more positive energy into the house.
 
Old 01-02-2008, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Florida&Eastport
612 posts, read 1,065,491 times
Reputation: 586
I am having fun cooking all Maine recipes from my new cookbooks. Since I can't be in Eastport until March I enjoy reading an posting on the Maine forum and cooking Maine recipes from my new cookbooks by Marjorie Standish.
 
Old 01-02-2008, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 10,949,747 times
Reputation: 1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEnME View Post
I am having fun cooking all Maine recipes from my new cookbooks. Since I can't be in Eastport until March I enjoy reading an posting on the Maine forum and cooking Maine recipes from my new cookbooks by Marjorie Standish.
DH asks if you can just go ahead and ship us some!! That's a wonderful idea. I need to order some cookbooks. I love to cook - it's very relaxing to me. How nice it would be to end up with an "almost" authentic Maine meal when I'm done!
 
Old 01-02-2008, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Florida&Eastport
612 posts, read 1,065,491 times
Reputation: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
With spring approaching and the Christmas decor going back into storage today, I've been tossing around ideas of what to do next. Our house will need a fresh face, and I have decided to start decorating for my Maine home. I was going to wait and have a moving sale last minute to rid myself of the Old World Italian Villa look before we move, so we don't have to pack it all. It will never do in our New England home. I've decided to start incorporating my new theme this spring, which will give us a fresh look and we'll be surrounding ourselves with positive Maine "vibes"! I decided it will help me to bring more positive energy into the house.
Great idea El. Positive attitude.

I started decorating with a New England/Maine (coastal) theme in 1988 before my mind ever conceived the thought of living in Maine. I always had a longing for Maine and never knew why, until the year 2000, on driving through Maine from Boston to St. Johns NB. On that trip I felt a part of Maine and did not know why until researching my ancestry (Lyons). I asked my husband to bring me back someday to drive the coast. I felt Maine would eventually become home when we visited in August 2007 not realizing that our new life would unfold so quickly.
 
Old 01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
 
Location: Florida&Eastport
612 posts, read 1,065,491 times
Reputation: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
DH asks if you can just go ahead and ship us some!! That's a wonderful idea. I need to order some cookbooks. I love to cook - it's very relaxing to me. How nice it would be to end up with an "almost" authentic Maine meal when I'm done!
I would bring it to you if you lived next door...complete with the oyster crackers.
 
Old 01-02-2008, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Florida&Eastport
612 posts, read 1,065,491 times
Reputation: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
DH asks if you can just go ahead and ship us some!! That's a wonderful idea. I need to order some cookbooks. I love to cook - it's very relaxing to me. How nice it would be to end up with an "almost" authentic Maine meal when I'm done!
A couple of links for recipes.

Maine Cooking (broken link)

Easy Recipes and Directions for Baking Cooking Entertaining Fine Dining Food Drink
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top