Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 05:20 PM

406 posts, read 1,649,506 times

Advertisements

(((El)))

Suicide is so horrible for the ones left behind.
My best friend's brother got back from Iraq and hung himself. The family is just shattered.
My thoughts are with you. What a shame.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:33 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,367,859 times
I haven't been able to reach my sister since we heard. I'm anxious to see how Tony is doing. Regardless of their current marital situation, he's been part of the family for about 9 years now, so we still love him and I feel so bad for him. I'm thinking they may be working on contact with his friend's family this afternoon.

Old 01-10-2008, 07:44 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,732,124 times
qw, I am checking in to see how many of the KK crullers are left.....

Old 01-10-2008, 08:39 PM

874 posts, read 1,847,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodder View Post
(((El)))

Suicide is so horrible for the ones left behind.
My best friend's brother got back from Iraq and hung himself. The family is just shattered.
My thoughts are with you. What a shame.
I'm so sorry. ((((((hugs)))))))

Old 01-10-2008, 09:04 PM

47,864 posts, read 21,884,067 times
I extend my condolences and my prayers and my compassionate concern to those who have been hurt and diminished by the death of a loved one by suicide. I have been there. It summonded up feelings of deep and profound sorrow, then guilt and of anger. Peace comes much later. I think the most important message to the survivors is that it is never about what they did or didnt do. Suicide is a personal decision of the deceased. It always has unanswered questions, and the effect on the survivors may disclose anger or a lack of appropriate regard of the deceased for them.

My prayers are with your BIL and all the others who are effected by this tragedy. Life is precious and holds so much promise, that it's needless termination is always a tragedy--but never a cause for guilt!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:09 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,461,343 times
El, I'm sorry. It's such a horrible thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Yep, I've seen too many episodes of JAWS! Anyone remember JAWS: 3D when it hit the theaters many moons ago? I do!! Gave me nightmares!!
Ya, so great, I was just getting over Jaws and here's this shark. I barely stick my toes in the water at Sand Beach for two reasons - one, it's too freaking cold and two, I'm never sure a huge mechanical shark isn't going to spring out of the water, get me and drag me into the ocean. I'm taking no chances.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Those big, black and yellow Orb Weavers *really* give me the willies. I think those are about the meanest looking spiders I've ever seen.
I weed a three foot circle around them. Tomatoes can rot on the plant before I'll get too close. I seriously think I'd have a panic attack if I got one on me. But still, they're like a really bad traffic accident, I can't help but look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
hate spiders. has anyone ever seen a "dock" spider?? nuff said.
I took a bunch of first to third grade Brownies to my camp for a weekend. We spent the second day swimming and playing and everyone was tired out. The adults were sure the girls would fall asleep quickly and we'd have a few minutes of peace and quiet before we went to bed. Then Lindsay got up to get a drink, carefully stepped over sleeping bodies sprawled all over the place, didn't wake a soul until...."OH MY GOD A BIG FAT HAIRY TARANTULA SPIDER!" And that was the end of sleeping girls and peace and quiet.

Barn spiders creep me out too. Ever vacuum up a huge spider? They make sickening thuds going down the hose and into the canister. So this is nice bedtime conversation. If anyone hears screaming from this direction at 3 am just roll over and go back to sleep. It's just me and my nightmares.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:22 PM

I'll have only half the nightmares I expected. The shark is a hoax. I found in in Snopes. I'm still not going in the ocean.

Last edited by Maine Writer; 01-10-2008 at 09:36 PM..

Old 01-10-2008, 09:39 PM

An old friend emailed this to me today. I was 17. Time flies.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:45 PM

874 posts, read 1,847,649 times
Beautiful. Painfully young. That's a fun age... I knew everything then. That feeling drifted away, but it was great while it lasted...

Old 01-10-2008, 11:18 PM

454 posts, read 882,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I'll have only half the nightmares I expected. The shark is a hoax. I found in in Snopes. I'm still not going in the ocean.
Knowing it was a hoax doesn't make me feel any better either...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine