U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 10-09-2007, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 7,848,637 times
Reputation: 1828
Our family has its own cookbook. My aunt put it together about 10 years ago, so it's high time we make a new and improved one. I love using the recipes and seeing the author and remembering having it handmade by them at some time in my life.

The sweetest thing to me is when I cook for my grandma now, she says "Honey, you're sure a good cook! Who taught you to cook like that?"

The sad thing is that she doesn't remember the years we spent together in the kitchen when I was young and she was teaching me.

 
Old 10-10-2007, 03:42 AM
 
Location: Corinth, ME
2,712 posts, read 3,448,898 times
Reputation: 1858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post

The sweetest thing to me is when I cook for my grandma now, she says "Honey, you're sure a good cook! Who taught you to cook like that?"

The sad thing is that she doesn't remember the years we spent together in the kitchen when I was young and she was teaching me.
That is sad... but at least you have the memories. I hope you can tell her "YOU did, Grandma..." and share some with her.
 
Old 10-10-2007, 03:47 AM
 
Location: Southwestern Ohio
4,104 posts, read 4,090,142 times
Reputation: 1557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Our family has its own cookbook. My aunt put it together about 10 years ago, so it's high time we make a new and improved one. I love using the recipes and seeing the author and remembering having it handmade by them at some time in my life.

The sweetest thing to me is when I cook for my grandma now, she says "Honey, you're sure a good cook! Who taught you to cook like that?"

The sad thing is that she doesn't remember the years we spent together in the kitchen when I was young and she was teaching me.
WE went through this as well. Though I only saw my Grandma on holidays and for a week in the summer, I always thought she was "da bomb". I was the oldest grandchild (an oldest daughter of an oldest daughter who was of an oldest daughter). My grandma was still undiagnosed and mostly together through my daughter's 6th or 7th birthday. We always have our memories of them in better times even if they don't. She's been gone a while now and I still remember everything about her, even the scent of her perfume.
 
Old 10-10-2007, 08:20 AM
 
Location: Glendive, MT
7,392 posts, read 8,243,871 times
Reputation: 5345
It's wonderful that you both have such wonderful memories with your grandmothers...and El you still have the chance to make more! I wasn't close with my grandmother at all, and one died when I was little, so I have definite ideas about what I want to do as a grammie....but with my oldest being 17, it better not be for a long time!
 
Old 10-11-2007, 07:08 AM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 7,848,637 times
Reputation: 1828
Can you believe it finally got down to 60 degrees! I'm going to out to do whatever I can think of to enjoy the cool before it reaches 88 this afternoon!
 
Old 10-11-2007, 07:20 AM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 7,848,637 times
Reputation: 1828
Blueberry Sangria - Yummmm!

Blueberry bounty sets mind to sangria (http://bangornews.com/news/t/lifestyle.aspx?articleid=155168&zoneid=14 - broken link)
 
Old 10-13-2007, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 7,848,637 times
Reputation: 1828
I LOVE Parisian Hot Cocoa made on my stove with heavy cream, water, cocoa, cinnamon and sugar. I think that's all the ingredients. Haven't made it since last year. Need to find that recipe!
 
Old 10-13-2007, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,054 posts, read 7,848,637 times
Reputation: 1828
Hey David! Good to see you posting this week.
 
Old 10-14-2007, 08:45 AM
 
Location: Glendive, MT
7,392 posts, read 8,243,871 times
Reputation: 5345
ok....I read through everything I missed yesterday

where's alison and moughie? and deerisle? I know it's the weekend, and people are busy.....

I'm actually avoiding having to tidy this house....it's such a mess....got 2 geocaches yesterday....stocked up at Sam's for the first time in ages, so that was expensive...bought a new Robert Fulghum book---he's the guy who wrote All I Really Needed to Know I Learned In Kindergarten--among other stuff.....and a new Catherine Coultier book I still don't have all my fall decorations up....hoping to get those out today....

ok....I'll go clean especially since I played all day yesterday......
 
Old 10-14-2007, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Southwestern Ohio
4,104 posts, read 4,090,142 times
Reputation: 1557
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
ok....I read through everything I missed yesterday

where's alison and moughie? and deerisle? I know it's the weekend, and people are busy.....

I'm actually avoiding having to tidy this house....it's such a mess....got 2 geocaches yesterday....stocked up at Sam's for the first time in ages, so that was expensive...bought a new Robert Fulghum book---he's the guy who wrote All I Really Needed to Know I Learned In Kindergarten--among other stuff.....and a new Catherine Coultier book I still don't have all my fall decorations up....hoping to get those out today....

ok....I'll go clean especially since I played all day yesterday......
I;m avoiding cleaning too...I did do a few dishes, feed the animals and start a pot roast in the crock pot for tonight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top