Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 06:54 PM

230 posts, read 578,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arzachena View Post
did you try waldoboromaine.org
I thought I did...?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
there's an established restaraunt for sale here in Milo,.. it's called "The restaraunt" , sure would be welcome here.
can you send a picture of it ?

Old 09-12-2007, 06:58 PM

Somebody told me today it would be too risky and hard to open a restaurant in Maine!
I still think, its how your food is, thats how's your business... What do you think?
Is there a high failure rate of businesses in Maine ?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,421,138 times
Was the person who said that FROM Maine? I notice a lot of people who *think* they know something about the state and try to advise me (warn me) actually know less than I do.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Was the person who said that FROM Maine? I notice a lot of people who *think* they know something about the state and try to advise me (warn me) actually know less than I do.
No, from California, but lives here in the "South"...

Old 09-12-2007, 07:14 PM

South of what? In Maine or south, as in closer to me in Texas??

Old 09-12-2007, 07:16 PM

I'm no expert on the restaurant industry, but I know as long as people eat, they should be thriving - if you serve food people actually WANT to eat. You'd do well to go open up a restaurant in Maine that serves something not readily available already - just common sense. Maybe authentic Mexican food? Hire a couple of Mexican Mamas to get the stuff done right - you'd be on your way.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:27 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,379,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
Somebody told me today it would be too risky and hard to open a restaurant in Maine!
I still think, its how your food is, thats how's your business... What do you think?
Is there a high failure rate of businesses in Maine ?
I have not seen anything that would imply to me that businesses fail at any different rate here than anywhere else.

Friends just bought a restaurant in Lincoln, and they are having difficulty. But they bought a restaurant that was already failing. They kept it open with the same employees. And right off the bat, they failed to properly pay taxes.

On the other hand I am on the budget committee of a private club/bar. A mill in town closed down, our business dropped, yet our payroll stayed the same. We went for a year running in the red, before we could get agreement to lay-off an employee. One month later with one less employee, we are back in the black, and things look fine.

Business is business.

I just started operating a vendor's stall at the local farmer's market. Our farmer's market has 30 vendors. Most of those folks do it until they are too old to keep growing and selling organic produce. I do not see any of them going out of business. In fact I know of other folks who want to be new vendors, who are now waiting for an opening at the market.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:27 PM

Quote:
South of what? In Maine or south, as in closer to me in Texas??
North Carolina

Old 09-12-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I'm no expert on the restaurant industry, but I know as long as people eat, they should be thriving - if you serve food people actually WANT to eat. You'd do well to go open up a restaurant in Maine that serves something not readily available already - just common sense. Maybe authentic Mexican food? Hire a couple of Mexican Mamas to get the stuff done right - you'd be on your way.
How about German ? Just the Mamas going to be problem w/ that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine