U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:28 AM

2,897 posts, read 3,011,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
.. don't say that to loud, Austinb might hear.
Beside it is a populoar pick this month, "Aren't you following the latest fads?
Don't worry. He won't spend that much money on the beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 09:10 AM

129 posts, read 148,843 times
It doesn't have to be doomsday to take a little control over how and what you eat, how you stay warm in the winter etc. If the people on St. Croix Island would have had rose hips, we might be a French colony. Doesn't hurt to have a bunch of beans in the cupboard and a few chickens in the back. If there is a thermo nuclear war, a plague, or Zombies, I wouldn't much care to live like that, but a financial meltdown, or severe financial retreat, that could set our whole society back a hundred years. that might be a dream come true.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 PM

172 posts, read 207,170 times
Even The Red Cross has recommendations for a "Bug Out" bag and necessities you should have for at least 3-5 days but with some of the outages and disasters happening all over the US, think that having food/water/wood for 2-3 weeks at least is not a bad thing.

Nuclear disasters, Mayan calendar, polar switching...figure I don't even want to bother being around after that.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:29 AM

2,409 posts, read 2,844,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medievalbooks View Post
Even The Red Cross has recommendations for a "Bug Out" bag and necessities you should have for at least 3-5 days but with some of the outages and disasters happening all over the US, think that having food/water/wood for 2-3 weeks at least is not a bad thing.

Nuclear disasters, Mayan calendar, polar switching...figure I don't even want to bother being around after that.

I take it, that there's no need to get any Christmas presents this year.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:52 AM

145 posts, read 123,813 times
I think you should keep getting some X-mas presents together. Maybe make them useful things in case it gets dicey.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:37 PM

5,491 posts, read 1,650,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
I think the odds of the planet being totally destroyed in 2012 is pretty slim except in the fear mongers mind. We lost power for almost 3 days last summer and I thought it was fun. The village was totally dark and people actually got out side to walk their dogs and talk face to face without using their gadgets. It was kind of refreshing except for the hum of the generators all night long. We were prepared and did just fine, now if something unsurvivable hits our planet, we're prepared for that as well. Guns+bullets= bye bye.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 AM

129 posts, read 148,843 times
I feel that time moves a little slower here anyway. If the world collapses on 12-21-2012 then we probably won't find out about it for at least a few months.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 AM

834 posts, read 482,618 times
I am personally partial to the Aliens landing and buying all our aluminum for diamonds and gold, making the price of gold and diamonds fall through the floor, and destabilizing our whole financial system.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:18 PM

834 posts, read 482,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
Well.... the 21st is a Friday and you'll be on your way to Eastport so I guess I can't ask for your new truck in case this is the rapture and you get taken and I am "left behind". Maybe you could take the other car and "leave the Truck BEHIND".

But we'll have enough time to eat out on Thursday and we can exchange Christmas gifts then for one last time. I'm suggesting something like maybe a life preserver for me, maybe one of those with the whistle attached. And the wife would like a copy of Nearer My God To Thee on CD in the rendition from the Movie Titanic.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:45 PM

2,409 posts, read 2,844,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Well.... the 21st is a Friday and you'll be on your way to Eastport so I guess I can't ask for your new truck in case this is the rapture and you get taken and I am "left behind". Maybe you could take the other car and "leave the Truck BEHIND".

But we'll have enough time to eat out on Thursday and we can exchange Christmas gifts then for one last time. I'm suggesting something like maybe a life preserver for me, maybe one of those with the whistle attached. And the wife would like a copy of Nearer My God To Thee on CD in the rendition from the Movie Titanic.
We'll discuss the truck thing later, but I must have forgotten to mention that I go Jehovah Witness for the holidays. Save a bundle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine