Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 09:04 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,168,232 times

Advertisements

Congratulations and welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,129,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiluver View Post
I went shopping for a pistol yesterday. I could not bring myself to do it yet.

I used to have a bunch of guns when I lived in the rough and wild mid atlantic states. Now that I live in Brigadoon, I got rid of everything but a couple of .22's. I really have no idea what to do with them.

I remember many years ago when I got the guns for protection during the Year 2000 computer crises(and I was sure glad I needed them since the world ended for several months after that), that it took several trips to the gun store before I got the nerve to buy, and five trips to the court house before I got up the nerve to get a concealed carry permit.

Don't have my .357 mag or my 12 ga pump shotgun anymore; sold them to a gun store who didn't want them, but took them off my hands for almost nothing when I said I was going to bury them in my backyard.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:12 PM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,150,972 times
Welcome!
Last night I came back from a trip to DC, once over the bridge I rolled down the window and smelled the clean air and listened to the sounds of home.
I trust you will be as happy here as I am.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:29 PM

12 posts, read 20,741 times
Rolled down the window and smelled the sweet smells - meanwhile your car left a trail of smoke behind you, desecrating that same air. Ironic isnt it? Squirrels cough as you drive past. Soon the entire area will be a wasteland like in Alberta:

[url]http://www.newmainetimes.org/articles/2011/09/06/could-portland-become-dirty-tar-sand-capital-eastern-seaboard/[/url]

Old 05-03-2012, 08:03 PM

37,462 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandano View Post
Rolled down the window and smelled the sweet smells - meanwhile your car left a trail of smoke behind you, desecrating that same air. Ironic isnt it? Squirrels cough as you drive past. Soon the entire area will be a wasteland like in Alberta:

Could Portland become 'dirty tar sand' capital of Eastern Seaboard? | New Maine Times
Driving on electric does not spew much of a smoke trail.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 AM

2,035 posts, read 3,350,353 times
SO exciting. I'm so happy for you. And insanely jealous. As far as i'm concerned, yep - you did win something huge!!

House selling prices continue to tumble in my area. Too bad i need the cash from the sale of my home to buy something up there. I'm depressed.

But congrats to you lol! and good luck!

Old 05-08-2012, 03:56 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandano View Post

Could Portland become 'dirty tar sand' capital of Eastern Seaboard? | New Maine Times
dano, I'm assuming you live in portland, the concrete jungle of maine-might do you good to go camping-maine is over 90% trees, not difficult to get away from the coughing squirrels

This is my fav time of the year (outside of the bugs)

outside of the one city of portland,.... you can drive 5 minutes and be "out in the country"

roll the window down and inhale the sweet smells of spring

Old 05-08-2012, 06:06 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,682,072 times
"Driving on electric does not spew much of a smoke trail."

"outside of the one city of portland,.... you can drive 5 minutes and be "out in the country"

Good thing because that's about as far as you can get on electric if you also want to go back. By the way, electric cars run on coal.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:46 PM

27 posts, read 53,367 times
Quote:
not difficult to get away from the coughing squirrels
This had me cracking up... good stuff

Old 01-23-2013, 02:13 PM

399 posts, read 854,814 times
Finally made the jump from Massachusetts to Maine on December 7th. Didn't get as much for the house as I wanted but I don't need much. I am thrilled to call myself a Mainer although never a real one. My wife's mother was born here so I would assume she has the right blood. Life here is just exceptional with plenty of fresh air, lots of space, and very friendly people. I do not miss the fast-paced life and the uncaring and selfish people from where I came. Sometimes we drive back to Mass for one reason or another and the first 150 miles are awesome especially on a blue sky day. The minute I get into Massachusetts the pace picks up, people are passing on the left and right going way over the speed limit and by the time I arrive at my destination I have a headache, a stiff neck, and I am all stressed out. Then I have to deal with people everywhere. It is just the complete opposite on the way back to Maine. I am so glad to finally live in Maine and looking forward to a great spring and summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine