U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 12:58 PM

160 posts, read 274,048 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all having a wonderful Friday the 13th. So today is my birthday and as part of my Birthday weekend I am going to be taking a trip from MA up to Maine. I would love to find a great place to eat that has a nice deck where we can sit and look out at the water. It doesn't really HAVE To be the ocean, as long as it's a nice view, with some sort of water. I am not really into seafood much, but I know that's a hard thing to avoid. SO anything that you guys can recommend will be HUGELY appreciated!! Thank you so much for helping me with this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 01:19 PM

1,949 posts, read 2,595,890 times
What area(s) of Maine are you planning to travel to? Portland, or farther north? What types of food do you enjoy? Happy Birthday!!

Old 07-13-2012, 01:47 PM

We don't really have any set plans, not too far up, Like I don't want to end up at Mt Desert Island or anything that far. My friend likes Seafood, I like other stuff, don't really have anything in mind because I figured I would have to just see what came with the seafood. The few times we went up before we were in Ogunquit (not sure how you spell it) and found that most places with the out door deck had your basic seafood and then burgers/dogs or pizza and stuff. I would like something a little more of a good meal like Italian or something, if I could find it.

I think I just rambled on that one, sorry

Old 07-13-2012, 01:48 PM

basically planning on sticking to the coastal areas

Old 07-13-2012, 01:57 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,405,270 times
If you get to Camden, the Dockside restaurant on Bayview Street has a deck overlooking the harbor and a full menu. The Whale's Tooth Pub in Lincolnville also has outside dining. In Portland, there's DiMillo's, which is aboard a boat moored on the harbor, as well as a baker's dozen other shoreside restaurants in Portland and South Portland. I would bet you'll find dockside eateries in just about every town from Kittery north.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:26 PM

1,949 posts, read 2,595,890 times
Apologies in advance for suggestions that are not from personal experience--as a newcomer to Maine I am still learning my way around. But in the excellent book "Maine: An Explorer's Guide" by Christina Tree and Nancy English, I found the following:

The Cliff House, Shore Road, Ogunquit
Cape Arundel Inn, Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport
On the Marsh Bistro, Route 9, Kennebunk Lower Village
Stripers Waterfront Restaurant, Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport

North of Portland:
Anna's Water's Edge, Black's Landing Road, Sebasco Estates, Phippsburg Peninsula
The Rocktide Inn, Atlantic Avenue, Boothbay Harbor
Atlantica, 1 Bay View Landing, Camden
Chez Michel, Lincolnville Beach (across from the beach)

Have a wonderful birthday trip to Maine!

Old 07-13-2012, 03:48 PM

Thank you all so much!! I am going to check them out and see which one we will be going to!!! I knew that I could count on all of you to give me some good places!! THANK YOU

Old 07-13-2012, 04:48 PM

121 posts, read 286,289 times
we try to make a trip once a year to youngs lobster pound in Belfast. Not really a restaurant, but they have lobsters, steamers, and mussels. You can bring your own sides, or purchase them there. Fantastic views, and kind of like a picnic atmosphere. Eat indoors (screened) or out on the waterside.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:28 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,780,370 times
Buffleheads in Biddeford Pool

Old 07-15-2012, 06:00 PM

Thank you ALL very much. We drove up to Boothbay Harbor,Maine. What a beautiful area!!! We ate at a place called The Lobster Dock. What a great place!!! It was a perfect birthday ride and dinner!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or