U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-18-2012, 03:06 PM
 
Location: Northern Maine
9,532 posts, read 14,339,456 times
Reputation: 9027

Advertisements

I got my LL Bean Fall Catalog today and my wife bought a huge rugged Coleman cooler on wheels at WalMart for $15. It's their "end of summer sale". Yes, folks, the 4th of July was two weeks ago today and it's time to service our snow blowers before we have to do it with frozen fingers.

This bad spell between snowmobile seasons is almost over!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2012, 05:40 PM
 
1,361 posts, read 1,862,400 times
Reputation: 1244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
I got my LL Bean Fall Catalog today and my wife bought a huge rugged Coleman cooler on wheels at WalMart for $15. It's their "end of summer sale". Yes, folks, the 4th of July was two weeks ago today and it's time to service our snow blowers before we have to do it with frozen fingers.

This bad spell between snowmobile seasons is almost over!
Does anyone live in the present...or is everyone planning for the future...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 06:39 PM
 
Location: Maine
5,973 posts, read 11,152,800 times
Reputation: 5246
Live in the present and start planning for winter earlier than you think is necessary. I ordered firewood Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 07:10 PM
 
Location: Northern Maine
9,532 posts, read 14,339,456 times
Reputation: 9027
Oh, we remember these days and try to remember them in February.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 PM
 
1,483 posts, read 2,722,607 times
Reputation: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
Does anyone live in the present...or is everyone planning for the future...
My moto is: Live for today, but plan for the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 07:04 AM
 
1,361 posts, read 1,862,400 times
Reputation: 1244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
My moto is: Live for today, but plan for the future.
I agree...just trying to post a comment to get some opinions...good advice and I agree with you. Mainers learned early on about the importance of being prepared (as much as possible) for winters. Lots of important preparations....firewood...don't wait till the snow arrives and freezes to clean up the yard etc. Obviously L.L. Bean plans way ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 07:22 AM
 
1,483 posts, read 2,722,607 times
Reputation: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
I agree...just trying to post a comment to get some opinions...good advice and I agree with you. Mainers learned early on about the importance of being prepared (as much as possible) for winters. Lots of important preparations....firewood...don't wait till the snow arrives and freezes to clean up the yard etc. Obviously L.L. Bean plans way ahead.
L.I. NY here, and I order my firewood in April for the winter. However, I am looking for a vaca home in Boothbay Harbor as we speak. Just a small 2 br cabin/camp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2012, 06:14 PM
 
393 posts, read 791,663 times
Reputation: 297
I had my woodstove and chimney cleaned / swept today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top