Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 PM

145 posts, read 338,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
They'd fit right in in *my* house.
I KNEW it , Z! I knew there was something about you....hmmn....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 08:18 PM

306 posts, read 1,036,608 times
I chill out in my boxers all day and no one has called the police yet, I think PJ's would be fine.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:22 PM

145 posts, read 338,637 times
Well, that's because your wearing boxers..If you had been wearing briefs..someone would have called the police for sure!LOL!

Old 10-02-2007, 05:08 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygabs View Post
Well, that's because your wearing boxers..If you had been wearing briefs..someone would have called the police for sure!LOL!
Or maybe just stopped in for a visit!!!

Old 10-02-2007, 06:11 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,363,371 times
Kids wear jammie bottoms to school. My niece did.
There are quite a few wiccans in Maine. I have no problem with it whatsoever. In fact, my daughter follows the wiccan beliefs. The only ones who will have a problem are the elder folks who do not like anything that is different.
Come on up to Maine!!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:02 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,882 times
My stepdaughter is Wiccan and her favorite place to be is in Eastport at the Summer Solstice and Winter Solstice. She loves to watch the sun come up over the water, in her jammies down at the wharf. Nobody has said anything to her yet for doing that in over 4 years.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:08 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,396,384 times
There is at least one metaphysical local free paper produced in Belfast.

You will find many sisters [and brothers] at the Common Ground Fair in Unity each year.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:38 PM

121 posts, read 320,708 times
MaineR,appreciate the offer of help. We need all that we can get. I am a personal assistant to an artist. One of my sisters cleans art galleries and studios. Mom is retired. And my other sister takes care of horses. One area that we would like to know more about is Lincolnville!

Old 10-04-2007, 07:45 AM

837 posts, read 1,710,968 times
SantaFeSisters

--Just curious, hope you don't mind my asking. Why do you want to leave the Santa Fe area? The town (as you know) has spectacular art galleries and great museums. The whole state is filled with history (Spanish and Indian) and the archeological sites and adobe architecture are great. I lived in Los Alamos for 3 years and thought the weather was second only to that on the Southern CA coast--better if you like a little snow. Are rich retirees driving up the cost of living?

Old 10-04-2007, 01:35 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaFeSisters View Post
I feel its only fair to add that my two sisters are wiccan/witches. They are not kids (mid 40's) . This did not go over well in Georgia. How do Mainers feel about something like this?
I am not in Maine yet, but I have been frequenting some of the Maine Pagan forums, getting to know folks, and attended a Mabon ritual at the UU church in Bangor when I was up there. I was surprised (compared to elsewhere that I had lived) at the mix of folks.. there were (other) elders,like myself, middle aged folks and families with youngsters as well.

I was introduced to a local store (silo 7 I believe it was called) by a Maine friend who knows my philosphical leanings, and she expressed the idea that the whole New England area, while there is still a strong Puritan thread, is much more about "you do your thing and let me do mine."

I found that even here in the South, when I live, that folks who I never would have expected to accept me DID, easily, but I attribute that to the fact that the got to know me as a person first. Yes, I am eccentric too (I AM an artist, so maybe they attribute it to that) but have never been one to wear my beliefs "on my sleeve."

I don't expect any problems when I move... and hope to meet you and your aunts at one of the "local" events!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine