Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 09:01 AM

217 posts, read 199,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
One of the great things about the internet is that people can say anything, and 99% of everybody will believe it as fact.

What you say, what I say, what AmericanGirl says: might be true, or it might not be. There is no fact checking on what people say on the internet.
That's just not true at all. I would bet that 99% of the people on this forum don't believe most of what you say. You come up with some good, cogent arguments in your debate about snow tires. But you all but negate your arguments with statements such as, "many pickup trucks tailgate" or that Northern Maine Land Man "doesn't know much about science". I'm sure a good number of people in here drive pickup trucks and they know that statement is patently false, just as your insulting statement about NMLM is just plain laughable. Of all people to say that to, he'd be my very last choice. He's obviously very intelligent and about as science minded as anyone I've ever read.

Just what is it about you liberals that makes you pissed off at the world and have to resort to insults and lies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 09:12 AM

3,925 posts, read 4,129,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheCreek View Post
That's just not true at all. I would bet that 99% of the people on this forum don't believe most of what you say. You come up with some good, cogent arguments in your debate about snow tires. But you all but negate your arguments with statements such as, "many pickup trucks tailgate" or that Northern Maine Land Man "doesn't know much about science". I'm sure a good number of people in here drive pickup trucks and they know that statement is patently false, just as your insulting statement about NMLM is just plain laughable. Of all people to say that to, he'd be my very last choice. He's obviously very intelligent and about as science minded as anyone I've ever read.

Just what is it about you liberals that makes you pissed off at the world and have to resort to insults and lies?
83.6% of people who tailgate me are pickup trucks. The other 21% are cars. And 99% of the cars are not motorcycles. Its a fact. Its on the internet right here. They know that I am on City Data and they deliberately do this.

By the way, I don't like your nasty way of putting me into a category and defining the category as insulting. You are the one who is insulting me since I am not a liberal. I never insulted you at all. I suspect that as long as someone agrees with you then they are A-OK, and if they don't then they must be a liberal, and deserving of insults and derision. Its a facist way.

As to NMLM, he comments that he is doing a scientific research by checking trucks on the side of the road that he just happens to see as to whether they have studs or not. You think that is scientific research? Gimee me a break. You'd never get into a scientific journal with that.

I stand by my comments.
You think I really care what you think about stuff?

Last edited by slyfox2; 12-30-2016 at 09:35 AM..

Old 12-30-2016, 09:17 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,362 times
You sly fox, you. How did you get 99% of all the people on this forum to not believe you? Can I be the 1%?

Old 12-30-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
You sly fox, you. How did you get 99% of all the people on this forum to not believe you? Can I be the 1%?
I made it up just like most of the rest of the people who post here do. Its called "Fake News". The internet is all about fake news. We should NOT be surprised about the generation of fake news outlets, its just one step beyond posts on most forums.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:04 AM

565 posts, read 935,098 times
98% of statistics are made up on the spot.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:55 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times
It's called data and is recorded on the spot.

Old 01-01-2017, 06:50 AM

846 posts, read 1,019,944 times
I learned in Statistics 101 that correlation does not equal causation, I learned on here that what NMLM says you can take to the bank.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:41 AM

642 posts, read 1,255,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
It's called data and is recorded on the spot.
Recorded on the spot. I was the only driver able to get out onto the main road this morning. I am the only driver with studded tires. Is that data NMLM?

Old 01-04-2017, 05:01 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times
Congratulations. In addition to your studs, your achievement was likely aided by prudence, experience, careful analysis of the type of surface, momentum and timing. That's data.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American girl View Post
Recorded on the spot. I was the only driver able to get out onto the main road this morning. I am the only driver with studded tires. Is that data NMLM?
I'm proud of your for getting up early so that you could stop every car on the street and check to see if they had studs on.

You were the only driver with studs you saw, or perhaps you are just blind to anything else. I have driven in 7 inches of snow up hills with my Stanley Subaru Impreza pushing snow in front of me with my studless General Altimaxes. I have pulled away up the hill on ice in Someville with my subbie and its studless Altimaxes.

And i did get stuck in my own driveway on ice with the Subbie, until I turned off traction control. Traction control is great for getting traction when the car is already moving. But if you are not moving then the traction control will lower engine speed as well as keeping wheels from moving(all four of them if they are all slipping). On very slippery conditions you need all four wheels to move, and you need to have full power on the engine. After I turned it off I simply backed up without a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine