U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 05:27 AM

3,442 posts, read 5,429,221 times

Advertisements

Lots of New Brunswick plates in town this weekend. It is their Thanksgiving and a 3 day weekend as well. We'll take the business! Seeing NB plates lots at all times now that the exchange rate is better for them. I was at Airport Mall last week and parked next to this little van that had lettering on it - from NB - and the B & B they had advertised was in Bathhurst. Now that is one long drive to shop. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 PM

20,595 posts, read 15,415,894 times
I have my own reasons for not being too fond of LL Bean but maybe not a reason many, or any, would guess. Despite all of that, I have long heard of them, been sent catalogs even when I lived on the west coast and could never justify spending that kind of money on a garment. "Lifetime" guarantee. Well, I take care of my clothes, they tend to last a very long time.

Anyway, today I was driving around while the landlord and her agent were "showing the house", (goody /sarcasm), and decided to count the number of homes for sale in a 3-4 mile stretch on the same road.

Within 3-4 miles on one stretch of road alone, I counted 20 before my eyes glazed over. Twenty homes in that short of a distance. If things are going so well, why are so many selling? Oh and I saw more "fun stuff" put out to the curb with for sale signs on them along my typical path. Maybe they're all selling after purchasing so much from LL Bean.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:25 PM

17,158 posts, read 22,161,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
I got totally disgusted with LL Bean a while back and just don't buy from them anymore. They placed an order with a Maine wreath company for "thousands" of wreaths at the holiday season and then just before the company was to make delivery "they cancelled". Nasty move IMO.

I rarely shop Freeport. There are only a few places that I stop into, like the Corning store where I can add to my Corelle dishes at discount prices. Also when we are on our way home from NH it is a good place to stop for lunch. Love The Corsican for sit down service and Isabella's Sticky Buns for less formal place with great soup and sandwiches.

I have never had a problem "ever" finding a parking place, even on very busy weekends in Freeport. About across from the Jamison Tavern there is a down the hill place behind a small strip of stores. I have never seen it more than 3/4 full. It is just up from the Harriseeket on the same side of the street.
well, I went to the bean's ellsworth outlet-much cheaper
and got two jackets....
never been in there.....but glad I stopped the other day

Old 10-12-2012, 07:20 PM

29,722 posts, read 47,472,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I have my own reasons for not being too fond of LL Bean but maybe not a reason many, or any, would guess. Despite all of that, I have long heard of them, been sent catalogs even when I lived on the west coast and could never justify spending that kind of money on a garment. "Lifetime" guarantee. Well, I take care of my clothes, they tend to last a very long time.

Anyway, today I was driving around while the landlord and her agent were "showing the house", (goody /sarcasm), and decided to count the number of homes for sale in a 3-4 mile stretch on the same road.

Within 3-4 miles on one stretch of road alone, I counted 20 before my eyes glazed over. Twenty homes in that short of a distance. If things are going so well, why are so many selling? Oh and I saw more "fun stuff" put out to the curb with for sale signs on them along my typical path. Maybe they're all selling after purchasing so much from LL Bean.
I hear you. Most of my adult life I have seen the LLBean catalogs, I always thought the stuff was pretty expensive. I never bought any of it.

My clothes tend to last okay, I think. After I retired, I threw out the last shirt I had from when I was in highschool [class of '77].

It has only been since I retired that I have bought myself civilian shirts. I had plenty of shirts as a teenager that I had gotten as Christmas gifts, and on Active Duty you mostly wear uniforms. So I never had much need to be buying more clothes outside of what fits in a seabag. Things work better when everything fits in a seabag and you keep in packed.

When we moved to Maine, we walked through a LLBean outlet in Ellsworth. It still looked pretty expensive.

Seven years later, I still have not bought anything from LLBean.

How much clothing does a person need?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:12 AM

5,969 posts, read 11,130,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Really? The only jobs I see in my area are for Account Executive...which, I am not an Accountant. Do you know what he applied for and where? I would try for that.
That job will be open again in two weeks. Account Executive = customer retention. It's Time Warner Cable.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:26 PM

5,969 posts, read 11,130,579 times
Nexxlinx (call center) in Orono is hiring temp positions. 866-6000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine